Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

MacBook with win 7 or OSX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

MacBook with win 7 or OSX Empty
PostSubject: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Hey guys, have a MacBook being delivered this week with SnowLeopard installed, was thinking of putting Win 7 on it also...or instead. Anyone done this? Is it worth it? Have read Win 7 is faster on it, but concerned some drivers wont work without bootcamping, like the webcam and some touchpad functions. Was wondering if I should bootcamp it or just do a full install of 7. Got the Mac for $550 so stoked and its a "Unibody" - Late 2009 model Smile

Cos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:30 pm

gotta bootcamp mate. once u instal win7 u gotta put the mac disc back in with the bootcamp drivers or nothing will work right. only gotta leave 30gb or so for the macos.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeh u will need bootcamp as it is a necessity. Runs perfect btw on a Mac. I ran win7 on my work MacBook till me boss told me to take it off. Runs perfectly just like a pc laptop with only the odd things missing here and there.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Cheers guys.....i dont think the mac is coming with a disc of Leopard so may have to dl it off revtt to get the drivers for win 7.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 pm

dunno if ull have probs without the original disc... should be fine. bootcamp 3.1 or newer.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Drivers can be downloaded separately if needed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MacBook with win 7 or OSX   MacBook with win 7 or OSX Empty

Back to top Go down

MacBook with win 7 or OSX

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Tech Discussion-
Jump to: