Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

New Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 am

Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 am

that's a very nice looking changelog.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 am

Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!
This one looks interesting, we will see how balanced they are.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 am

I will be hoping that a certain gun doesn't change Wink
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:33 am

Ha ha, i would think it better for you if it dose mate!
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:37 am

tongue gota get that plat on it first
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 am

Sounds good i do hope they make changes to some of the bullshit weapons, then i will rage less.
And Karma you shotgun still way as fuck, stick it on you ass and feel the burn fag!! hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:23 am

Quick! We needs a translator!
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 am

buckethead121 wrote:
Sounds good i do hope they make changes to some of the bullshit weapons, then i will rage less.
And Karma your shotgun skills are awesome, stick it my ass and feel the burn, I'm a fag!! hahahahaha

Wink
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 am

whats the best way to give them feedback, the link karma posted?
wrote:
Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!
seriously the only bullshit weapons are LMGs being able to fucking snipe across the map. im sick of that shit.. huge magazines so any noob can hold down the fire button and smash everyone away with the high damage high firerate high accuracy.

also, they REALLY need to add an option to being revived - to be able to accept it or not. it would reduce alot of deaths from being revived to die again moments later.
like, if a medic goes to revive you, get 2 seconds to decide yes or no.
fucking shits me off these fucking medics...

oh and to revive, you have to stand still for like 2 seconds. im sick of bullshit hit and run medic revives where they run from cover to cover and revive a dude on the fucking move..

otherwise, good list. and good point about not telling us changes due to observer bias effect / witness testimony bias / hawthorne effect, and all that noise..

Last edited by your dog on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 am

dammit i want to post in the thread but it keeps telling me to register, and when i click register it takes me to a page with the account i use to log in to BFBC2 all there already..
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 am

But you just posted on how you couldn't post in the thread Neutral
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
But you just posted on how you couldn't post in the thread Neutral
i mean, in the thread you linked to, on the EA forums.
oh well, other people have posted things i mentioned but only one person out of 23 pages i dont think is enough awareness.

XanthianZ wrote:
RE The rezz immunity being removed.

Imo this is a much needed change for the PC version, nothing more frustrating than being killed by someone you cant damage.
But my one concern is these idiot kamikazi rezzbots that do nothing but res you into more enemy fire to die a 2nd 3rd 4th time.

Would it be possible to add an accept ress button? or an option to prevent yourself being resurected at all?
I would much rather wait 12s every time than be ressed by some idiot with no regard for his actions only to die again instantly.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1051206-r7-client-r10-servers-14.html#post14362839
and http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1051206-r7-client-r10-servers-20.html#post14371685,
and http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1051206-r7-client-r10-servers-20.html#post14371414
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

well they didnt fix the ping display in ther server browser
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:06 pm

do you mean the latency display?
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 am

server browser is tonnes faster now
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 am

All versions of the game client have passed QA now.

All game servers will be taken down for updates on Wednesday Apr 21st, at 09:00AM (GMT+2). They should all be back by 11:59AM (GMT+2).

During this time window, we will also release the new game client.

Check back after 11:59AM (GMT+2), and try out the new game client!

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1054507-r7-client-r10-servers-release-info.html

So it is 5pm to 8pm Victoria time.

Changed times thanks Jim

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 am

cheers karma
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:17 am

im downloading the update right now? i seem to be the only one downloading it
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

CharlieFTW wrote:
im downloading the update right now? i seem to be the only one downloading it
im on to it now

STUPID fucking patch, reverts my custom Res size of 1595x995 to something tiny as each time i load up bfbc2.. now i gotta use the shit ones they provide standard..
-> this is annoying as i play in windowed mode and any of the resolutions provided dont fill up enough of my screen meaning either use full mode or have to stare at a tiny box.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

First thoughts on patch:
-Knife as been changed, i swear..
it used to always do the stabbing animation near people and alot would result in them not dying. now it seems to only do it when you get an actual kill / are going to.

-either everyone sucks, or the spread of auto firing weapons has been changed. My AN on burst tapping as i fire seems way more accurate. probs just me.. did get 16-2 really easy in a round though just by outshooting people though most likely they just sucked.

-noobtube seems to have been nerfed, i believe its max damage is about the same, just the damage over its blast radius decreased drastically - ie; same radius, just wont insta kill unless its a direct hit just about. still good if you can aim.

-ammo box seems to reload ammo proper / better now. before it seemed to glitch up and take ages to reload my nades if i was low on bullets, 40mm and hand grenades. now it reloads much more ... responsively.

-some graphics work, the boat in atacama desert used to be messed up for me, couldnt see half the stuff IN it. reduced the glare too of sand and that

Last edited by your dog on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 am

updating now
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm

New patch made my game unplayable, getting shitload of lag and lag spikes.
Dice awesome work, they do deserve top marks for putting such a stable and optimize patch.
And EA best company ever....
I hope they get their shit sorted
Back to top Go down
Chewie
FTW Clan Member
Chewie

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Anybody else have to stab someone 3 times before they die. Talk about frustrating! No
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 pm

yep same here.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:25 am

Here is some way to resolve the lag who ever uses AVG virus software http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/506493.page, Apparently other anti viruses cause some lag too
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 am

Here's a supposed official list as twittered by a bc2 dev.

As requested by the community, here is the exhaustive all inclusive changelist of all balance updates made in the R10 Server update for PC.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

These changes will eventually make their way to the 360 and PS3 as we work with our partners Microsoft and Sony to continue to support BFBC2 on all platforms.
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:24 am

Man the AN must be a fucking beast now. It would cut down bitches with ease b4 the patch...fuck this i'm gonna go shoot some fuckers with it now.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 am

My fav weapon also Jim ........ It was ok at long range b4 lol.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 am

For me they have fucked 2 of the best parts of the game. Stabing some cunt and sniping them in the head from big distances. Realy pissed off with what they have done to the knife. GAY.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

New Update Empty
PostSubject: good changes overall   New Update EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:56 am

Chewie wrote:
Anybody else have to stab someone 3 times before they die. Talk about frustrating! No
to be honest ive had less problems knifing after the patch, compared to before.
every game before this patch id have a whinge because id knife someone and they wouldnt die.
its still not entirely fixed, but when you miss it doesnt still do a stabbing animation like it used to all the time for me..

and yeah everyones whinging about it being laggier, my game has been fine. so far its been improvements, nothing made shitter.
obviously still need to fix some lmg stuff in my opinion, and change how gravity affects all projectiles instead of just snipers..

JimmyMosquito wrote:
Man the AN must be a fucking beast now. It would cut down bitches with ease b4 the patch...fuck this i'm gonna go shoot some fuckers with it now.
i'm platinum star on the AN94 its been my favourite weapon, and i definately noticed somehow i was killing people much easier as mentioned in my prior post.

JimmyMosquito wrote:

Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.

Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.

Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.

Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.
knew theyd reduced the damage in the blast radius of the 40mm so it doesnt kill so easily. still same radius though, and still does decent damage within that radius (get you a critical kill assist if youre good and just miss them)

the motion sensors is good i love them, sucks about mortar strikes.. given how much i love them at calling in over Fifteen Thousand.
noticed the Rex damage changes too, got some good kills at decent range with it in a few rounds.

still think they need to fix LMGs, need way more bullet spread all the time - highlight their use as suppressive fire and not a 'look at me running around never letting go of the trigger mowing everything down from miles away'
a medic should be hanging back, tending to wounded, and laying fire over the battlefield to keep everyone in cover. NOT running around as pointman and just outgunning everything, even snipers and fullauto assault rifles, knives, shotties.. fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update   New Update Empty

Back to top Go down

New Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top