Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Classes an overview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Classes an overview Empty
PostSubject: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 am

(this info from Ausforces.com)

Notes For All Classes

Ranking Up Weapons
As you get kills with a weapon, you'll qualify for rewards known as stars. This will start with a bronze star, then silver star, then 9 gold stars (i.e. gold star 1, gold star 2, etc.), and then finally a platinum star. Each of these stars will improve (very slightly) the stats of the weapon you're using, so bear this in mind when deciding which weapons to focus on.

Universal Primary Weapons (Shotguns and Thompson)
All classes can select the shotguns and Thompson as their primary weapon. Of the shotguns I quite like the NS2000 for it's damage (the highest of the shotguns). It's a one-hit kill at close range; for this reason it often helps to wait a fraction of a second longer in close combat to make sure you don't miss: the extra hits you take won't matter because as soon as you fire it's over. Note that the shotguns are the only weapns which don't allow you to look down the irons; instead you'll get a very slight zoom effect when you press L1.

One other interesting thing to note: if you equip the sabot rounds and marksman bullet perks, your shotguns will be almost 100% accurate and function like a sniper rifle. The downside is that you won't have a scope of any sort, so it's limited by how well you can spot the enemy and line the shot up; the upside is that you'll be able to get headshots on people at insane distances, and they'll be left saying WTF when they see where you were standing and what weapon you were using on the killcam. More of a curiosity than a useful tactic, but one to take note of nonetheless.

The Thompson is quite a good SMG as well, possibly better than all of the Engineer ones until the AKS-74U is unlocked; not as good in close quarters as the shotguns but still very good at short range.

Universal Secondary Weapons (Pistols and Tracer Dart)
In the pistol category there are quite a few options, but my favourite by far is the MP412 Rex revolver. Although the stats screen says the M1911 does higher damage, the text descriptions say that the M1911 does High Damage and the MP412 does Very High Damage, and in practice I find that I can drop enemies much faster with the MP412. In fact, at close quarters I find the MP412 to be even more effective than the assault rifles in a straight shoot out.

The Tracer dart is very useful when dealing with tanks, and in BFBC2 you're foten dealing with tanks. It makes the most sense for engineers (since they carry the rockets) and medics (since their LMGs rarely need to be reloaded) to dispense with the normal pistol backup in favour of a Tracer dart. The darts tend to travel much straighter than you think, and most of my misses tend to be me aiming too high (expecting much more drop than you actually get).

Once you've attached the dart you'll get points for it, and anyone with an RPG-7 or M2CG who is looking through their sites will see a square over the target: if they keep their crosshairs over that square for a few moments a diamond will appear within it, indicating a lock on (and the enemy tank will get a "missile lock" warning). At that point they can fire their rocket in any direction and it will curve towards the target; note that it won't try and avoid any obstacles though, so bear that in mind when firing your rocket.

Last edited by CosmicFTW on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 am

Recon Class

Classes an overview 9qvg91

Appearance
These are the guys that wear the ghillie suits (affectionately known as wookies). The Russian recon has a slightly pointy hood and pointier 'quills' on their suit that make them look like a prickly bush. The American recon has a thicker, 'shaggier' and rounder appearance to their suit.

Weapons
The recon specific weapons come in two categories: bolt-action and semi-auto (althought technically there is a full auto as well). The bolt actions do very high damage, but force you to unscope to reload rather than doing it automatically (so that you can watch your bullet all the way to target, and adjust for bullet drop). The semi-autos do less damage but have a much higher rate of fire and allow you to remain zoomed in while firing continuously. The bolt actions are not one hit kills, but one hit will leave your opponent requiring only a single pistol shot to kill. The semi autos will take a number of shots to down an enemy, and are not as useful at the greater ranges. Of the bolt actions, I prefer the SV98 to the M24 since it has double the clip size (10 vs 5), which can be very useful when tracking a full squad at a distance. I haven't unlocked any of the weapons beyond the SV98, although I have used the M95 and can confirm that even that weapon is not a one-hit kill at a distance.

Tactics
If I'm looking to engage enemies at a distance, I'll take a bolt-action, pistol, double ammo, marksman bullets, and mortar strike. At a distance you can generate good points even if you don't kill the enemy if you mark them (with SELECT), hit them with a body shot, and then a teammate finishes them off (you'll get points for spot assist and critical kill assist). The mortar strike can be used against tanks and also buildings if you notice a number of enemies holed up in one. Remember that as sniper you'll have a much better view of the battlefield than your squadmates so be sure to mark all of the enemies you see for them. Also don't neglect to throw motion sensors, particularly around the objectives. Don't forget that BFBC2 models bullet drop over distance. If you remain scoped in after you fire, you'll be able to watch your bullet in flight and should be able to adjust for drop accordingly.

It's very important to note that this class is called recon, not sniper. This is the best 'sneaking' class in BFCB2, thanks to the motion sensor. If I'm looking to go ninja-style, then I'll equip a shotgun (thompson also works), pistol, C4, sprint speed, and ceramic plating. By using motion sensors you can track the enemy and hopefully flank them. I use the NS2000 for one hit kills at close range, but the knife is also very effective with this setup. At the moment I'm finding this setup to be the most fun. The C4 is your anti-tank weapon: 1 on the back or 2 on the sides/front will finish a tank. Don't forget to murder the engineer first if there is one

There is one final setup for recon that I'll recommend: crate buster. Shotgun (or thompson), pistol, C4, double explosives, explosive damage upgrade. If you can manage to sneak up to the objective (use your motion sensors!), then placing 5 (out of your 6) C4's on the crate will be enough to destroy it. This is useful when you're playing on a useless team and need to make sure the game doesn't end. Place the C4's, arm the crate, and then hide somewhere nearby that is safe. When you hear that the crate has been disarmed, set off your C4 (this will kill whoever disarmed the crate, often multiple defenders). Note that if you're killed before you can set off the C4, so long as you were able to place 5 of them on the crate before dying then you have guaranteed destruction of the crate: when you respawn you'll be able to set off the C4 you placed. I feel guilty when I do this but there's no doubting it's effectiveness.

One thing I can't stress enough though is the importance of the motion sensors. As recon you want to have motion sensors covering all of the main areas of attack. If your teammates know where the enemy are they can flank them and kill them much faster. Obviously if you're in a sniper's perch then you won't be able to cover all areas, but with a good throw you can at least cover some. If you're going ninja though, you can easily put motion sensors everywhere that the enemy are likely to be and get a leg up on them. It helps immensely if you have an assault to keep you stocked with sensors though.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am

Assault Class

Classes an overview Bfbc2_screenshot_8-640x
Classes an overview 2mw5cm9

Appearance
The assault guys are the ones who wear helmets and goggles. The Russian assault is pictured at top, the American assault below.

Weapons
The unique weapons for the assault class are the assault rifles. There are 2 basic classes of assault rifle: full-auto, and burst fire. Most full into the full-auto category, but the AN-94 and M16 fall into the burst fire category: when you pull the trigger on those, a short burst is fired and the trigger must be pulled again to fire another burst. In terms of the early unlocks, the XM8 seems to be the most popular, although some like the higher rate of fire of the F2000. Probably the most effective weapon in the category though is the AN-94 with 4X Scope and Marksman bullets. At medium to long range this weapon is incredibly accurate and you can easily get headshots at ranges where most other classes will struggle to even engage you. In addition to underbarrel grenade launcher, the assault can also equip a smoke launcher and under-barrel shotgun. I would recommend you forget the smoke launcher because it offers very little smoke and only for a fleeting moment, making it effectively useless for cover and/or confusion.

Tactics
With the full-auto weapons, you'll want to try and engage the enemy at medium range. At very close range the SMGs (to a small extent) and shotguns will have the upper hand, and in close quarters even the MP412 revolver can take you down in a straight firefight. As with all combat, ideally you'll want to flank the enemy and fire on them when they're looking in another direction. As noted above forget the smoke launcher, although an interesting glitch in the Beta is that if you equip one of the under-barrel attachments which you haven't yet unlocked, you'll be given C4 in it's place. Normally as an assault you would only be able to use C4 if you equipped a shotgun or the Thompson; being able to use C4 with an assault rifle is quite an upgrade (albeit thanks to a glitch).

The grenade launcher is good for making doors and removing enemy cover, but it's actually quite good when used directly against enemies as well. You'll need to use it in conjunction with an ammo kit obviously. Note that against tanks it's very good for creating a distraction while other team members line up rocket shots or run in and plant C4, and you can sometimes use the splash damage from a grenade to take out a repairing engineer who was otherwise behind cover.

One loadout I would seriously urge you to consider: AN-94, 4X Scope, Marksman bullets, under-barrel shotgun. I have scavenged this loadout from one adversary in particular, and it was so effective I spent the rest of the match looking for this guy so I could kill him and steal his shit again. With scope and marksman bullets you can easily get headshots at medium range, and at long range you'll be able to kill enemies who will struggle to even return fire anywhere near you. The shotgun is useful for close quarters (such as around crates) where the 4X scope would normally be a serious handicap and might force you to use a sidearm instead.

One thing I cannot stress enough is dropping ammo kits. In particular, if you use ammo kits to keep your team's recons supplied with motion sensors, it can dramatically affect your team's ability to win. It also helps immensely if you can keep your team's engineers stocked with rockets during tank battles. other good places to drop ammo kits are at a recon's feet if they're sniping (do this when you spawn on them), or at your own squad's feet when you're behind cover and about to engage in a firefight.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 am

Engineer Class

Classes an overview 295d20h
Classes an overview 2dtxaaa

Appearance
The Russian engineer (pictured at top) wears a black balaclava and has an RPG-7 on his back. The American engineer (pictured underneath) has a helmet with a flip down visor, and has an M136 (aka AT4) on his back. Note that those particular launchers are part of the model itself and do not indicate that the person actually has that weapon. A Russian engineer will always have that RPG-7 shown on his back, even if he is actually carrying an M2CG or M136, or even just AT mines. Similarly the American engineer will always be shown with an M136 on his back, even if he is carrying an RPG-7 etc.

Weapons
The default primary weapon of the engineer class are SMGs. TBH the Thompson is actually better than most of the SMGs offered exclusively to the engineer; I prefer it to all of the engineer SMGs until the AKS-74U is unlocked. The AKS-74U is probably the best of the engineer weapons, although the PP2000 has a very high rate of fire which can be useful in close (much like the F2000 for the assault class). I haven't tried the UMP though.

In terms of antitank weapons, the RPG-7 is said in it's description to do higher damage to tanks, while the M2CG is said to do more splash damage hence making it better against infantry. I don't know if that's actually the case (the text descriptions aren't always correct) but I can say that the M2CG flies perfectly straight and doesn't drop as quickly over distance as the RPG-7, so can be easier to line up long distance shots. Both weapons are capable of locking onto Tracer darts. The M136 I haven't unlocked yet, but I'm told it works the same way that the emplaced missile launchers (Kornets aka KORN) do: you fire a relatively slow moving missile, and it can be directed in flight using your crosshairs. AT mines are also available in place of a launcher.

Tactics
The engineer's SMGs are not very effective at medium range or above, so try to avoid open spaces wherever possible. Your main job as engineer is keeping your team's tanks alive, or destroying the enemy's. If you're in a tank with someone else who is not an engineer, get them to drive so that you can jump out mid-battle to do repairs. Remember to go use the tank for cover while repairing, and move side to side while doing it to make yourself a more difficult target for snipers. Don't forget too that the drill can be used to chip away bits of cover. The drill can also be used as a melee weapon but it sucks, I don't recommend using it unless you're going for bragging rights.

I'd recommend taking the perks for more carried explosives/rockets, and more damage from explosives. If you have a choice then always try to fire your rockets at the back of a tank; obviously it's nice if you're able to sneak up behind one, but if you're locked onto a tracer dart then try firing your rocket off in a direction that is likely to curve it towards the back of the tank. Don't forget that rockets also work well for taking away enemy cover, and if a large number of enemies are packed into a tight space (e.g. a container or train carriage) then firing a rocket in there can make their life miserable.

AT mines are a bit of a mixed bag. When placed on the ground they hardly ever seem to actually blow up tanks, even when the tanks tracks roll directly over them! Instead the best technique for the mines seems to be to run up to a tank, drop at least two directly next to it, and then run back and shoot the mines. That will destroy a tank, but be careful not to kill yourself since they have a surprisingly large blast radius. The AT mines can also be used to blow up a crate (5 should do the trick) in a similar fashion to C4.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:46 am

Medic Class

Classes an overview 2m51dnm
Classes an overview 6j3xwy

Appearance
The Russian medic (pictured at top) is easy to spot in his red beret. The American medic (pictured underneath) has a massive backpack and wears a camo cap.

Weapons
The default weapon for the Medic is the LMG. Of the early unlocks, the QJY88 is the pick. It is unique amongst the LMGs in that it has a 200 round box instead of the 100 round box that the rest use, so you hardly ever need to reload. It has very nice iron sights too. Once you've unlocked the M60 though I recommend switching to that. The M60 has crappy iron sights, but once you get used to them it becomes very easy to get long range hits with the M60: there is very little recoil, and the bullet spread is minimal. On top of that it packs quite a punch (doing more damage than the other LMGs) so it's my personal choice. Of the higher unlocks, the XM8LMG has nice iron sights and little recoil but does much less damage, the MG36 has a built in red-dot sight instead of iron sights but very high recoil, and the MG3 does little damage but has a very high rate of fire and little recoil.

Tactics
Your LMG makes you very effective at medium to long range, so you should be the first to engage targets at those distances and let your squadmates concentrate on closer ones that they can hit. Also the LMG is very effective against UAVs so if one of those is up then taking it out should be your priority. Note that in close the LMGs can suffer in comparison to other weapons, and turning while looking down the sights takes an eternity. In general it pays to let your squadmates take the lead, since if they fall you can revive them, but the reverse isn't true.

If you come to a spot where you know that a firefight is imminent, make sure to drop a medpack before starting the fight. If you have the Life B and C perks equipped you can get your squadmates back to full health incredibly quickly and over a reasonable distance as well, which can give your squad the edge in a shootout. It goes without saying that if a teammate is low on health you should always drop a medpack for them, and do the same for yourself!

The shock paddles are your most useful implement and you want to make good use of them. Don't rush blindly to the 'EKG' symbols on your minimap (since the other guy is dead for a reason), but take a moment to assess the danger first. If it looks clear, then revive; if not, make it clear first. Note that when you revive someone they immediately have full health, and if you're on attack then whenever you revive a teammate you get a ticket back. In general the hardest squads to stop are the ones made primarily of medics: as soon as you take one down, another one revives them. A few times I've been in a squad of 3 or 4 medics fighting together and we've been an invincible killing machine.

Note that the shock paddles are a one hit kill weapon on enemies, as Tallpaul can attest . Note that there is a recharge time on the shock paddles, both when you use them to revive or use them as a weapon; if you're trying to kill someone with them and miss, then go for an immediate knife slash. One other cool tip for the shock paddles: you can use them while jumping. So if there is a dead teammate above you (e.g. on an exposed staircase), you can jump up and activate the paddles at the top of your jump, reviving them. It comes in handy on the exposed iron staircases you get in the construction buildings, but also if the corner of a building has been blown away and some traditional stairs are exposed.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:51 am

CosmicFTW wrote:
Recon Class

Classes an overview 9qvg91

Appearance
These are the guys that wear the ghillie suits (affectionately known as wookies). The Russian recon has a slightly pointy hood and pointier 'quills' on their suit that make them look like a prickly bush. The American recon has a thicker, 'shaggier' and rounder appearance to their suit.

Weapons
The recon specific weapons come in two categories: bolt-action and semi-auto (althought technically there is a full auto as well). The bolt actions do very high damage, but force you to unscope to reload rather than doing it automatically (so that you can watch your bullet all the way to target, and adjust for bullet drop). The semi-autos do less damage but have a much higher rate of fire and allow you to remain zoomed in while firing continuously. The bolt actions are not one hit kills, but one hit will leave your opponent requiring only a single pistol shot to kill. The semi autos will take a number of shots to down an enemy, and are not as useful at the greater ranges. Of the bolt actions, I prefer the SV98 to the M24 since it has double the clip size (10 vs 5), which can be very useful when tracking a full squad at a distance. I haven't unlocked any of the weapons beyond the SV98, although I have used the M95 and can confirm that even that weapon is not a one-hit kill at a distance.

Tactics
If I'm looking to engage enemies at a distance, I'll take a bolt-action, pistol, double ammo, marksman bullets, and mortar strike. At a distance you can generate good points even if you don't kill the enemy if you mark them (with SELECT), hit them with a body shot, and then a teammate finishes them off (you'll get points for spot assist and critical kill assist). The mortar strike can be used against tanks and also buildings if you notice a number of enemies holed up in one. Remember that as sniper you'll have a much better view of the battlefield than your squadmates so be sure to mark all of the enemies you see for them. Also don't neglect to throw motion sensors, particularly around the objectives. Don't forget that BFBC2 models bullet drop over distance. If you remain scoped in after you fire, you'll be able to watch your bullet in flight and should be able to adjust for drop accordingly.

It's very important to note that this class is called recon, not sniper. This is the best 'sneaking' class in BFCB2, thanks to the motion sensor. If I'm looking to go ninja-style, then I'll equip a shotgun (thompson also works), pistol, C4, sprint speed, and ceramic plating. By using motion sensors you can track the enemy and hopefully flank them. I use the NS2000 for one hit kills at close range, but the knife is also very effective with this setup. At the moment I'm finding this setup to be the most fun. The C4 is your anti-tank weapon: 1 on the back or 2 on the sides/front will finish a tank. Don't forget to murder the engineer first if there is one

There is one final setup for recon that I'll recommend: crate buster. Shotgun (or thompson), pistol, C4, double explosives, explosive damage upgrade. If you can manage to sneak up to the objective (use your motion sensors!), then placing 5 (out of your 6) C4's on the crate will be enough to destroy it. This is useful when you're playing on a useless team and need to make sure the game doesn't end. Place the C4's, arm the crate, and then hide somewhere nearby that is safe. When you hear that the crate has been disarmed, set off your C4 (this will kill whoever disarmed the crate, often multiple defenders). Note that if you're killed before you can set off the C4, so long as you were able to place 5 of them on the crate before dying then you have guaranteed destruction of the crate: when you respawn you'll be able to set off the C4 you placed. I feel guilty when I do this but there's no doubting it's effectiveness.

One thing I can't stress enough though is the importance of the motion sensors. As recon you want to have motion sensors covering all of the main areas of attack. If your teammates know where the enemy are they can flank them and kill them much faster. Obviously if you're in a sniper's perch then you won't be able to cover all areas, but with a good throw you can at least cover some. If you're going ninja though, you can easily put motion sensors everywhere that the enemy are likely to be and get a leg up on them. It helps immensely if you have an assault to keep you stocked with sensors though.
That picture made me laugh so hard for a few minutes, nice find Cos
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:55 am

yeah thats Nano third from left on top row...hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:56 am

ive got gold class on all weapons in assualt and medics and engineers, they also give you 5000 points, they are very easy to get
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 am

so was ur mum
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:43 am

Haha Cossie nice haha *does chewwy cry*
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

What sexual position makes an ugly baby dessicrator?

Ask your mum........

bahaha that was sorta shit

boots out
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 am

CosmicFTW wrote:
Medic Class

Classes an overview 2m51dnm
Classes an overview 6j3xwy

well thats not promoting roof top camping at all!!! karma keep your eyes away, your a good player BF dont let this turn you to a gaybo
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Bootsie...I was hoping for some crazy story about my mum...u dissapointed me. lol
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 am

lol what im a camper now boots?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classes an overview   Classes an overview Empty

Back to top Go down

Classes an overview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: First Person Shooters :: Battlefield Bad Company 2 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: