Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

L4D2 demo now available

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

L4D2 demo now available Empty
PostSubject: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 am

Steam just announced that l4d2 demo event is currently occuring. Restart your steam and it should start decrypting the game and your good to go

See you fuggers in game Booyeah!
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 am

must have gave in to the abuse from people not being able to play when others could.
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:57 am

Not workin for me :S

As soon as the intro video has finnished it says i have a corrupt loading background texture or something...

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 am

Impressions...demo is way too short lol.
The gfx are a step up from LFD, looks great all maxed out, runs sweet.....some new stuff ingame which u would expect....adrenalin etc

Spewn the demo only does SP and co op and thats way too short Sad
Cos
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 am

so im assuming the didnt do the clean version of this game through steam eh? If so i will purchase it too. Cause im thinking they have and im having idea's of purchasing a copy from NZ to get the real version.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 am

yeah its the low violence vers!
I have no idea why? When IW can put out a game where you walk into an airport as a terrorist and shoot the limbs off a civilian who is dragging another injured person unarmed!!

Where is the consistency with the ratings system??
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 am

Good stuff.

My Newzealand friendss........ Imba, nappy, bucket, illicit... lol

I might need to ask for a favourr
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:57 am

Wounded the smarty pants found a way to get the real version. Smarty pants he is.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 am

CharlieFTW wrote:
Good stuff.

My Newzealand friendss........ Imba, nappy, bucket, illicit... lol

I might need to ask for a favourr

that's what i've done, hopefully steam will let me cancel the 4 pack preorder then I can get the uncencored 4 pack that way
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 am

A couple of ppl have already done that on the steam forums i think

Im in on clerks 4pak so gore galore soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 pm

yeah sgt got the four pack, with me Jim and dont know who else...we may have to refund it and get a nz vers....the clean vers is crap, the bodies dissapear b4 hitting the ground ffs!!
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:15 pm

refund? how? please talk to me
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:20 pm

yeah but hold on guys, i was speaking to nasty earlier and he said he got his via a mate in america, sent it to him as a gift on steam which was uncencored but another mate of his here done the same thing and it ended up being cencored
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 pm

mmmmm........Wounded and foo got theirs gifted from xternal in nz and it is full vers!
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:27 pm

from steam forums....sgt this is what you do!

Quote:
"I also confirm that Australians who get L4D2 gifted (from NZ as far as I know) will receive the uncensored version.

I'm also sure you can get a refund anytime before the release of any preordered game...

Would be worth getting someone to gift it to you for sure."

to do it go to:
support page --- submit ticket asking for refund.

then paste this:

Hello,

A couple of days ago I purchased Left4Dead 2. All was well until the release of the demo late this morning where I discovered just what a mess we had purchased. Like all Australian buyers we were fully aware that some censorship would be implemented (no dismemberment/decapitations ect.) and I was reasonably happy to put up with that, but what I experienced in the demo left me shocked and appalled. You cleverly worded in the official press release that no bodies will litter the environment, which made everyone assume you were referring to simple set pieces.....not enemies that fade away before they even hit the ground!
Half the fun of the original game was to fight your heart out then turn around and look over the carnage you'd just survived by the skin of your teeth, only now it's as though nothing was there to begin with! That alone was enough to make us cringe, without even mentioning the Molotov's that don't actually set zombies alight....or the absence of riot police zombies. (Which so obviously highlights the fact you stuck us with the sesame street German version).

Now we of course understand that Valve were under severe time constraints during the appeal process and to get a 3rd slightly less censored version together than that of German release wasn't really possible.
I would still very much like to play this game and will reconsider a purchase in the future but for now I'd really appreciate a refund. I'm fully aware of the purchase agreement, but have heard of some leniency on your part in the past when dealing with preorder purchases of games yet to be released, so I'm hoping that you could help me.

Sincerely,

then we give the $ to one of our kiwi m8's who gift it to us Smile
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Im not sure if this will help with anyone stuck with a full version from Australia however it works on the demo and you have full gore..

Originally Posted by ZiggY
1. Go into your demo folder (steam apps > common > left 4 dead 2 demo), and double click 'steam_appid.txt". Change 590 to 510, Click file, then save.

2. Go one folder deeper (steam apps > common > left 4 dead 2 demo > left4dead2) and open the file 'steam.inf' in notepad. Again, change the part that says 'appID=590' to 'appID=510'. Click file, then save.

3. Don't run the game from steam, instead run the .exe from the folder itself, which is the same folder from step 1.

4. Enjoy Left 4 Dead 2 in all its gory glory.

Also, you might also want to right click the two files you altered, go into properties and set them to 'read only', as apparently steam likes to change them back. Make them read only and it should stay that way.
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:32 am

interesting, I will try that when I get home
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 am

doesn't work online already tried, u cant connect to other people, u get some msg about file mismatch or some crap
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 am

look at this:
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=282:play-as-infected-with-the-left-4-dead-2-demo&catid=2:news&Itemid=13

lets you play as infected if you choose 'host local server' had fun with that online just a minute ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 demo now available   L4D2 demo now available Empty

Back to top Go down

L4D2 demo now available

View previous topic View next topic Back to top