Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Boarderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Boarderlands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:05 pm

rofl yeah considering that, but i want to try first
Back to top Go down
Mr. A/Broken

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Lithius wrote:
Charlies English is as bad as Mr.A/Brokens...rofl

Corrupted; Charlie....

lol yeh my english can be pretty bad, and to think im in advanced english in my school...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

finally finished the game, been playing all day. its pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 am

well my copy should be in this week, finally.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:40 am

just started playing it last night, and i gotta say it's pretty fun.

I get a sense of Fallout vs Bioshock vs Unreal Tournament from the game.

Seems rather polished. Then Pen and Ink effect works pretty well also
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:54 am

yeah i agree, i love the pen and ink styling.

there were a few criticisms i had though, mainly little things they coulda touched up:
-a minimap would save a lot of time instead of checking the map so often
-multiplayer lobby and searching for games could have been re-designed so much better, ie: display the ping or location of the host for starters
-quest tracking could have been made easier to manage, and multiple objectives could be displayed at once to speed things up and save time checking the map. quests in areas you weren't ready to start doing could be minimised or somthing to the log isnt so cluttered making it hard to keep track of everything as you pick them up.
-coulda refined a few of the RPG elements to be more involved

cant remember them all, i had them last night night and ill remember as i play again.
would have been cool if youre playing as a hunter to be able to 'tame' a pet or something, for variety.
i also forget to use it
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:57 am

this aint WoW, dont need no pets...ur a hunter, you should KILL them all!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 am

eh i only use it for harder battles when i remember its there.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:26 pm

I cannot get borderlands to work online with friends.

Cannot connect to a game they invite me too, cannot connect via Hamachi networking or GameRanger networking.

anyone got any similar problems or solutions?
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:20 pm

open your ports
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:46 pm

forgot to mention i opened all the ports (so has he), and i can connect to some other games hosted publicly. can't find my friend when he hosts though.

it could be a problem with his connection, however i also forgot to mention:

- in one instance we DID connect, via hamachi and i think he had invited me to a game he loaded via single player. however, there was an unbelievably loud static noise echoing through boarderlands and it wasnt his microphone or any in game sound (he made sure his mic was off, and i turned all the volume down).
i know the sound came from borderlands because when i left the game that had finally connected, the sound stopped.

that was the only time we connected, and im not sure why that noise came about. it sounded like someone had turned up really crazy metal over a bad microphone, horrible static.

we tried reconnecting as that kinda gave us hope but nothing worked.
even disabled our firewalls alltogether to try and connect.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:54 am

yeah ill have to try again when we've got free time

also my Optus plan will expire today ill be back online hopefully by monday or tuesday with Internode, unless something comes up
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:51 am

I just finished it last night and I must say, that if you do all the side quests as you go along, the final one is a little easy in my opinion. Although I guess thats what you get. I played as the Soldier and finished up as lv36 with mostly the infantry skills.

I love the second wind thing. especially in harder fights where you just keep shooting the main enemy until you drop to your knees. Then you one shot one of the minions and your back up again.

I actually think the hardest battle was the final round in the arena in Rust Commons West. It'd be a piece of cake now, but at level 29 vs all those 30's it was tough.

Oh and I should mention that I don't really get itno RPG's, but I enjoyed this one, probably because its also an FPS.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:49 am

oooooooh what to play first....borderlands or dragon age...fuck I dont know haha, they both just turned up and man...two games for just on 100 bucks! Im happy! HA was just checkin the back of my dragon age DVD and saw this....

"Not for sale outside Thailand" (Althought it also says export or sale to america or europe forbidden...no australia.) naughty naughty asain ebay man!
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 am

So I played both games last night, gotta say they both good but so far Im loving dragon age:origins though, great story, good game play, decent enough graphics and enough choices to keep you happy. ebay that shit, cheap as fuck
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Wounded wrote:
u having a crack at play through 2, thats where its meant to b most fun

Yeah every now and then, been tied up with doing sound for Wars Ex. I love how much faster the skags are on playthrough 2.
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Hello

Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
First DLC for Borderlands out this week.
Resisting the urge to make any more vague zombie-related links I will just leave you with the trailer for the DLC…
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/11/26/borderlands-the-zombie-island-of-dr-ned/

http://www.giantbomb.com/borderlands-the-zombie-island-of-dr/17-1684/

Not sure if it is for pc as well though.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 am

cool, I need some buddies to join me for a game though, who wants to have a co-op or something tonight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boarderlands   Boarderlands - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boarderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: