Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' Empty
PostSubject: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 am

Hi i recently bought the game and installed. I was able to connect to the server at my mates house. However when i got back home i have eversince been unable to connect, everytime i try it comes up with 'connection timeout' Please help Smile
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 am

what country are you from? this is an australian/NZ server so you wont be able to get in if ur not from australia. Also make sure ur letting crysis wars thru ur firewall, there should be instructions on how to do that in the manual
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 am

hmmm... So you have never connected from your house before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 am

yeh im from australia, i've actually been able to connect twice but all other times its resulted in 'connection timeout'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:13 am

yeah my first hunch would be firewall/port settings..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:03 pm

now it doesn't say 'connection timeout' it just doesn't connect, ever stays loading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 pm

errr... right now im getting a message saying my cd key is invail and im 100% sure that noone else has used my cd/key. I think it may be because i attempted to join the server to quickly
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:36 pm

FFS your mate is using your key lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 pm

my mate got it when it first came out he has his own..
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 pm

if you get stuck loading a level open the console (press ` which is the button to the left of the 1 button) and type in "connect" (without the "") and press enter
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 am

Wounded wrote:
if ur getting the msg saying ur CD key is invalid, its usually because u have actually connected to the server and ur player is logged onto the server, but u get dc'd yet ur player is still in the server, so when u try to connect again it tells u that ur cd key is invalid, restart ur computer and u shud be fine

you dont need to restart, if you wait about 1 or 2 minutes for the server to disconnect the player it thinks is you than you can get in fine, no need to restart
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Falcon
=ScaR=Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 am

Not sure whether this information will help or not, but I have been having the same problem with the connection timeout...every now & then it will happen...there are also times that I can see the server, then click on it to connect, and it disappears...

I would be inclined to check your internet connection...I was having problems last night on both TS & Crysis, and when looking at my packet data loss on TS it was something like 80% at one stage...now I know that it isn't the FTW server that is bad, because the other ppl on TS had only 1-4% data loss...

I did a couple of tests online, and used the DOS command to ping various servers. All servers supplied 100% success on packets except the FTW server, which lost about 50% packet data...

This is very confusing, because no one else on TS was having huge data loss, which would suggest it was my internet connection, but i don't lose any data to any other servers that I pinged, which then suggests that it isn't my internet connection....suggestions???
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Falcon
=ScaR=Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:15 am

That may explain it for last night...but I have been having the disappearing server problem for a couple of days now...really pisses me off, cuz i get kicked from the IA server because it can't connect....I'll give it a couple of days and see how it goes...

Thanks
Red
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Falcon
=ScaR=Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:11 am

Wounded wrote:
if u click on the server in the server list and it disappears, just click on the update server list and it will pop back up... happens to me every now and then as well

thanks wounded, I realise this...and it is what i have been doing. Sometimes though, it doesn't come up for several tries...very frustrating...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'   Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout' Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant Connect to Server 'Connection Timeout'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: