Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Need someone who can make crysis maps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

Need someone who can make crysis maps Empty
PostSubject: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 am

If anyone in the clan or outside the clan has any skills making maps can you please get in contact with me as i would like to make a very very small map to load on the server for the punching rounds.
Doesnt have to be anything special just something small and nice to look at.
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
et_fone_home

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:30 am

I can start one after Next week, since i have exams. Mad
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:47 pm

That would be great ET. When ever you have some time just put one together then jump on team speak and we can try it out.
Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Mind if I put on together as well?
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:31 am

very early stages

http://daemon.virtualhost.com.au/1v1.rar

1v1 with weapons or a punchy round

Modified Outpost level

Opinions, additions and criticisms please :-)
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 am

just one thing daemon.. it doesnt look enuf free flowing for a punchy map... do u agree?? a bit more open... great for a 1v1 though i reckon
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am

what would you change to make it more 'free flowing'.

reason i ask is i want to hear what you guys are after so i can make a map that most people will like and use
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 2:14 pm

like u see coast and its all accesible by walking not jumping everywhere and its more open in areas for more space for punching... like the helia dn the trees make it smaller.. i think interconnecting platforms linkin everything together.. and also u av to remember that it has to hold 32 ppl so yeah more space is needed imo... good job on wat uve done contributing to the clan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Two maps in progress near completion both are currently playable on both wars and original crysis,
One small punch bowl for IA/TIA , One large PS map.
Back to top Go down
et_fone_home

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 am

Im still busy, but if anyone sets a basic map up with just the things, i can get details and EyeCandy in.
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:31 am

Need to speak to Daemon or Troppo for that ET, they have been working on a couple of small maps.
The only problem is some people have been complaining about the punching maps latley and might not be as
popular as once thought. Might put a poll up about it.
Back to top Go down
et_fone_home

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:28 am

hmm yea, people complain a fair bit about them, mostly non-clan members.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:47 pm

QuAcKsFTW wrote:
Need to speak to Daemon or Troppo for that ET, they have been working on a couple of small maps.
The only problem is some people have been complaining about the punching maps latley and might not be as
popular as once thought. Might put a poll up about it.

even i will have a go at making a few maps

i want to make a PS one for kicks, but a small one is a good start.

the kinds of people who complain are new people or people who come by every now and then and just immediately leave after a good PS, hence why i suggested somewhere to make them every 2 or 3 PS or so, simply because they dont really understand why we have to hit each other with fists only

Chronosphere is just a fag though with his fucking pool parties.. =P
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:06 am

your dog wrote:

You know you like it.
And i thought dogs liked water...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm

cHr0n0sPh3r3 wrote:
your dog wrote:

You know you like it.
And i thought dogs liked water...

oh i love it

but i hate you...

...Quacks, there is a scripted golfclub in Wars, you should spawn one for me so i can beat Chrono over the head with it. it does 550 damage lolololol thats like 4 rockets worth.

i love you too Chrono =P
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:39 am

Not my fault dog that every time there is a fisty map its ALWAYS coast... So me being the guy I am uses the water as a far better challenging ground, since getting raped on land sucks more balls than the ones you punch ..<
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 am

You can actually spawn one and other players will see it in your hand but it only makes a swinging sound and does nothing. I would love to go round beating people up with one.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 pm

QuAcKsFTW wrote:
You can actually spawn one and other players will see it in your hand but it only makes a swinging sound and does nothing. I would love to go round beating people up with one.

yeah there doesnt seem to be a model for first person only third, so you'd just have fists.
it had damage listed for it though..

hehe still be fun as hell

Chrono, i'll challenge your pool party +1 with a tea party on top of where the gauss usually is, or maybe above the cliff with windows

suck on that motherfucker! =P
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=40076

Plateau. Its still in pre-alpha but it will be awesome once its done. Well I hope so anyway.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:25 am

yeah looks good mate... only thing is maybe resize it to like half maybe imo as the vid of u flying around looks like it would take a long time to get to on foot and in jeep... and is it possible to get to the middle part on foot?? maybe put the proto up there?? smack bang in the middle of the top
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 am

Pfft you can't beat me at the pool party on coast dog, ask Ziah, no matter how hard he tried he was always boffed on the head or the balls...
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Ive got a few new maps on the rotation with working auto download links, there is one that I would like someone to have a look at because when you look into the middle of the map it lags up hard. Not exactly knowing the problem im asuming it may have something to do with the lod ratio, if some one could check it out that would be great. Comes with the cry file Smile

http://rapidshare.com/files/166299601/bridges.zip

EDIT: After testiing with players the map Quarry_Power_Struggle which is bloody awsome except for one thing, the turrets from the US base (not sure about the NK) see the enemy through the mountains and keep shooting. FUCK its annoying can someone please fix this and resubmit the level.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166350603/Quarry_power_struggle.zip

EDIT: This map looks real nice and think it has potential to be a great power struggle map, I would imagine it wouldnt be to hard to convert it ? If so please do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166300551/kingofthehill.zip
Back to top Go down
et_fone_home

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Will give those a shot!

BTW, how did you do that direct linking with rapidshare?

with other files i gotta wait for the stupid download timer.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm guessing paid account.
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:46 am

zygurt wrote:
I'm guessing paid account.

Exactly, paying for the bandwidth aswell as the server rental... People are gona have to start donating or AusServer wont be up for too much longer.
Back to top Go down
et_fone_home

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Should put that up as a server message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need someone who can make crysis maps   Need someone who can make crysis maps Empty

Back to top Go down

Need someone who can make crysis maps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top