Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Trinity Cove

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sErBz

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Well thought i might give some feedback for the map, could even have this as an official thread for feedback on trinity cove. If i was to sum it up in one word it would have to be awesome. I love how not all the bunkers actually looked like or were the bunker building however were a proper buiding from the warhead campaign, which honestly seems like a maze when the flag on the bottom left is flashing red. Actual Bunkers with high points around them are nice to, like the rocks around the bunker closest to the proto from where i have made my most favourite kill in crysis. Though that hill helped me confuse my opponents with the ability to hide behind the line of sight and move to another part of it. Now that i think of it, its massive rocks, but i'll call it a hill. Some of the buildings i think are to much of a secure location, especially the one which is part of the capture area of the bunker closest to the proto. The proto is positioned to closely to the NK base, and some bunkers are to far away for players to bother to capture them. Overall i think that this map is great when having 24 players or so, action packed, and you can actually take on more than 2 people at once thanks to the new bunker style quacks has used. Quacks the only thing i would change about that map is the positioning of the proto, in my opinion have it in the centre of the map, and make each team have to really earn destorying the other teams base. Some of the outside bunkers seem like they are just for a bit of decoration, if possible try place them, so that if one team has a nuke and the other team only has one bunker, from that bunker, the defending team, should be able to intercept the nuke without to much troubles. Other than the positioning of some of the buildings the map is great. For the map itself i give it a 9/10 for my experience on the map i give it a 10/10, believe it or not i did not really rage when some spastic killed me 10 times in a row. This map in my opinion should defeinitely be part of the rotation.

Anyways that my feedback, i should be getting a gtx285 soon, so i'm looking forward to having some nice screenies of the map Smile
Back to top Go down
ImbaladisFTW
FTW Clan Member
ImbaladisFTW

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Nice feedback and very nice paragraphs Razz

I agree though, the proto needs to be moved more towards the center of the map aswell as doing something with the american sub base which seems to be the most easy thing to nuke since you can nuke it from almost any part of the map, maybe put it a little further out with a hill wall infront of it similar to shore?

Also this map looks stunning and would look even more stunning if there were less trees around the upper part of the map, mainly near proto. Also the top of the very tall tower needs something like a chimney cap on it cause i kept falling in it then when i jumped out i went too far and fell down lol.

I do however like the mass amount of tall structures around that area and the energy site posistion nicely in the corner behind the crane. There is however not much point to climb that high to shoot down at people due to the massive amount on tree cover around the proto area.

Overall i thought it was a very good map. It looked good, gameplay was good and it just seems like more of the funner maps to play but that might be just me and the map being new Smile 10/10 bar the issues listed aboue.
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah alot of these things came out when the map was populated, its very hard when you start out with flat ground to try and structure your terrain and positioning of capture points in a natural way which is also balanced.

OK please excuse my ms paint skills I just bashed this together quickly to give you an idea.

1 ) Move the proto more towards the center of the map, however this still makes it very easy for the US to nuke the nk base, might be able to do something with the terrain. Your ideas on this would be great.

2) Make another way the nk can leave there base, maybe only via foot because once the NK are capped back to there base that road is just a death trap.

3) Maybe another energy site to help bring some of the action down this way also making it worth capturing those bunkers in that area

4) Move the sub down that way and maybe do something like shore with some terrain or a rock formation blocking direct attack and view from the main parts of the map.

These were just some ideas that came to mind, that picture was an older mini map shot which is actually being used in the map atm so there are some changes that you cant really notice when you look at it but the general structure is the same.

Trinity Cove Trinit10
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
ImbaladisFTW
FTW Clan Member
ImbaladisFTW

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm

That looks pretty much bang on the money there quacks, thumbs up! Very Happy

Ill jump on TS tomorrow (1-2am NZ time) and we can look at some vegetation issues n things as you said Smile
Back to top Go down
TailGunner
TailGunner

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:52 pm

well it doesn't need to be in the middle, it should at least be equidistant. That way you could move the proto up and to the right where the energy site is, then extend the cliff around the beach, leaving a small pass to get through, near the proto to block nukes
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 am

The proto cannot be put to where u have suggested as it would be just too close to the N.K base and so far away from the U.S, i suggest make a nice part on the beach, in the middle of the cove, equal distance and opportunity for each team when it comes to nuking (altho I've played on this map since its creation and it funner if no one nukes and the battle is just for the proto and kill noobs who just try to nuke the whole time cough**MAXIMUM NoOBAGE**cough)
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:10 am

I'm really liking the look of the map now. I've got a thing against custom maps, but i really think this would be great to play on. I suggest making it harder to nuke the US base from the grassy sections of the maps (more trees/rocks) so the player nuking is forced to walk onto the beach, making him an easier target for the US players. Also if you're going to move the proto there consider moving the bunker/small war factory complex around towards teh US base as well or only the NK team will head for that area because the much more tempting, easir to capture and closer target of the proto is there for the US team. To balance that out you should move the sub closer to the top of the map rather than the bottom.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am

hmm

at pos 3 on the map, remove the bunker entirely and just give an energy site: gives people some reason to go there but without a bunker means you wont see them day on end camping out constantly respawning and some people probably tempted to shoot the US as they come off the sub.

swap the locations of the car fact and proto - problem solvered
seems to make sense in a way as the car fact is in the industrial area and where it is currently is a good spot for the proto as its quite some distance from both bases (US has to go over water, up some sloped paths past the beach and through some trees to get there, while the NK has to drive out from their base then hard left it down a road and walk through the same trees US would be at.)

what i said last night about the sub was to rotate it rather than move it:
currently its broadside is exposed to the beach, its length ways - simply rotate the subway so that its nose is pretty much head long into the beach making it a narrower target.
so long as its still close to the beach so US can get to places in time thats ok.

while that new sub spot you drew seems ok, its also making it further away from the main action in the middleof the map that has the most capture points meaning itll take the US a bit longer than the NK. alternatively you could also move the NK base back a bit..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trinity Cove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Cove   Trinity Cove Empty

Back to top Go down

Trinity Cove

View previous topic View next topic Back to top