Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

'chromeworks?'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:23 am

Guys i need a hand, after some kind of metalworks/chromeworks.. you know when you go past a caryard for nissan or some shit and the logo is huge and in chrome or at least looking like chrome.. what is the business type called and where can i get it done??
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 am

google is ur friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 am

='(
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:49 am

Do you want real chrome plating, as in coated steel. Or gay plastic signage whick looks like chrome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
D3coy
FTW Clan Member
D3coy

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Sounds like you are looking for a Chrome Plating company... Not knowing Oz very well I would assume they are there, but if not there is a huge gathering of them on the Net in the US & Canada that will do just about any metal object you have. If you are looking just for a sealed application though I would suggest Powder Coat but it is a flat (not shiny) coating that perfectly seals the item so that no oxidation will kick in.

After a quick google I found the following:
http://www.ferret.com.au/t/Chrome-Plating (lists several Oz based platers)

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Products/Chrome-Plating (also a huge listing of platers in Oz)
Back to top Go down

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 pm

cheers decoy

it's just gota look like chrome
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:52 pm

what does? More information and we may be able to help you more.
Back to top Go down

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:02 pm

i cant upload a pic coz itd breach my contract.. its a logo for something and only two parts of it are chrome the rest is a deep navy blue and i assume that bit will be a matte kind of finish
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Hmm, im not sure what material you are using, but if its steel, they can chrome plate it very easily. Take it too a 'chrome plating or plating' factory/shop, i know a few in victoria, and they electroplate chromium onto the steel. As decoy said it can be about any object. though not if its connected to other materials.

Plastic and other materials I dont know anything about.
Back to top Go down

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm

is it expensive?
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Benefits of Chrome Plating: Chrome plating is popular because it is hard wearing, bright and easy to clean. The nickel used in the coating process in conjunction with chrome provides high corrosion resistance. The nickel type used also determines the level of brightness. The chrome coating itself is stain resistant and abrasion resistant which is of appeal for decorative applications in heavier 'wear and tear' environments. There are alternative industrial uses for chrome plating (i.e. hard-chrome*), sometimes used for surface maintenance on large tools or equipment (*Electroless Nickel has advantages over "hard-chrome" in many industrial applications - see separate brochure "Electro-less Nickel".)

Colour & Aesthetics: Chrome will be 'bright' when the substrate is highly polished and coated first with bright nickel (via nickel solution containing brightening agents). It can however appear 'satin' like when a 'satin' nickel coat (via modified, non bright solution) is pre- applied. Satin chrome is currently a popular treatment for matching to polished stainless steel or brushed aluminium fittings. Chrome has an almost "blue" hue and gives a sense of crisp cleanliness and 'coolness'.

Applications of Chrome Plating: Automotive decals, door handles and trims, tap-ware, architectural fittings, racks, hubs & wheels, furniture and furniture trim, and many, many other items.

Substrates suited to this coating: Can be applied over most metal substrates, usually 'undercoated' with copper and nickel layers.

Design Cautions: As this is an electrolytic process it is necessary to use jigging, racking or wiring to provide for electrical current conductivity. Some shapes and designs lend themselves more readily to successful plating than others or may need to be adapted. Please consult your plating adviser prior to finalising design if you intend using this finishing process in your product manufacture.

Environmental note: Chromium gets a lot of bad press. Chrome solutions can be hazardous and is why we need strict safety procedures in place for handling it in the plating shop. However in its plated form, decorative chrome is quite 'inert' and as such should not present an environmental health hazard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'chromeworks?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'chromeworks?'   'chromeworks?' Empty

Back to top Go down

'chromeworks?'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: