Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Game Trailers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonnymark

Game Trailers Empty
PostSubject: Game Trailers   Game Trailers EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

I think there's a legitimate complaint if crunch time is never-ending," he continued. "Crunch should be the last three to six months of game development. I do get that it is a bad and unfair business practice to work 18 months non-stop overtime, [but] I don't think anybody was entitled to overtime pay."

If you're curious about why Pachter feels this way - and you should be - the short answer is that what developers don't get in overtime pay is generally more than made up for by hefty bonuses, particularly for successful triple-A releases. "If you want to be an hourly employee, go build automobiles. And what will happen is they'll close down your plant some day and you'll be out of work," he continued. "The cool thing about this industry is, if you're good, you'll make a ton of money. I think [the point] everyone is missing is that if a game is good - and L.A. Noire was good - there will be a profit pool, and there will be bonuses."
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Game Trailers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Trailers   Game Trailers EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 am

Who the fuck is this?
Back to top Go down

Game Trailers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top