Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

When is an Iphone not an Iphone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
(F_ck) Pauline.

When is an Iphone not an Iphone Empty
PostSubject: When is an Iphone not an Iphone   When is an Iphone not an Iphone EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 am

Hi All

I have a little iphone story that needs to be told.. this will serve as a lesson for all those cowboys, cowgirls, tranny's, ladyboys and esteemed scientists from kakadu.

Once apon a time i had an old video ipod, i hacked it with linux played free games and generally i was happy with it. My mobile was an old nokia and apart from the odd sms to danielle and the odd phone call from unknow numbers owned by people claiming to have slept with me all was good.

A couple of things pissed me off a bit.

1) You cannot listen to music on a 5th gen ipod while its charging - this is bad for me as when at work i like to listen to music to help drown out Danielles constant whinging.

2) I need Angry Birds in my life.

Sooo one fine sunny Sunday an old 3G Iphone comes into my life.. My prayers .. they are all answered..

I now have a device that playes techno ABBA to me while i play angry birds (No Danielle screaming at me) and all this whilst charging.

Now most people would be happy at this point.. but not me..

1) The battery in the iphone was a little crappy.

3) I was unable to change to a new ABBA song while playing Angry birds without shutting down the game and then changing the song and then starting the game up again..

2) Some of the little metal bits that stick to the little plastic bit that goes up into the connection for charging and syncing were bent down and broken, this casued the phone to display "Not a valid ipod connection" and Itunes would no longer sync..

To solve number one i bought a new battery from Hong Kong for 3.95

To solve number 2 i bought a headphone remote from apple, now this was a little weird as it only paused the song and didnt allow next or last song selection, the volume also did not work. So i took it back to apple and they said while it was originally designed for ipods only it should work with Iphones, i told them it was shit and didnt work. then they plugged it into my Iphone played one of my songs, one click paused the song, 2 clicks went to the next song and 3 clicks the last song.. did i read the instructions... nope.. did danielle tell me to read the instructions - yep..fuck me i was like a fucking idiot... so i appologised and left the shop with danielle laughing and telling me how fucked i was all the way back to work.

So now all i needed to do was pull the Iphone apart replace the battery and fix the little metal bit..

So last night i played the YouTube instructional video while i followed along and proceeded to FUCK my iphone up like a crack whore with a gold amex.

I now have a phone that i cant make calls on because i broke the 2 little wires that go into the microphone and cannot hear the caller, the screen now has a dead spot about one third of it doesnt respond when you touch it (i had to change my sim pin to 1231 because that is the only number line that responds when you turn the fucker on and windows now says what the fuck have you plugged in when i connect it - BUT i can report that the 3.95 battery is fantastic and i can try and play games for hours on my non touch screen before it needs a recharge from a usb port that has no idea what the fuck it is anymore.

To make matters worse i plugged the song changer headset thingy into my old ipod (that is what it was originally made for) and guess what .. it doesnt fucking work..

Back to top Go down

When is an Iphone not an Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: When is an Iphone not an Iphone   When is an Iphone not an Iphone EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:30 am

they probably gave you the iphone headphones, which dont work with the old ipod. mine have lasted me a year where every day i run with them in for 2 hours use them at work for 5 hours a day.

you should upgrade to the 3Gs. faster, multitasking and just plain amazing (without all the BULLSHIT gimmicks of the iphone4) and definately worth the price.

and dont open the phone yourself. your a fucking retard. they're designed to break if opened by anyone who isnt apple certified, and if you go to the store and complain loud enough they do anything you want for free (they have to.)
Back to top Go down

When is an Iphone not an Iphone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top