Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Elder Scrolls V announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Elder Scrolls V announced Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 am

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/1136329p1.html

Following my epic rant on Fallout: New Vegas, Bethesda have finally announced that the Sequel to Oblivion has been in the works for two years. Hooray. Lets hope they can create it to Oblivion standards and not a shitty Fallout-with-original-textures.

To do this they need to have Oblivions solid 90+ quests as opposed to fallouts 30+. And in regaurds to what the DOUCHEBAG over at gamespy has commented on it (their writers have degraded immensely this year), Oblivion DOESNT need a graphical overhaul because it still shits on alot of games and all it needs is some increased shadow settings. Its textures maps are plenty big enough and its HDR/Bloom effects still rip shit on fallout AND, (without customized tweaking) Crysis.

And it doesn't need a denser population. Sure the imperial city was a bit empty at times, but there was literally THOUSANDS of non-randomized characters throughout Cyrodiil.

Anyway. Can someone find out which country it will be set in? Hope for Skyrim personally.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 am

if it's been in production for 2 years I'd dare say its a new graphics engine and I'd dare say they'd want to keep the grandeur and epic scale happening so you will see more randomly generated characters more landscape more everything. Some ideas which would be beneficial is the use of euphoria engine and havoc engine. At least with euphoria engine you will see more realistic movement and behavior patterns from NPC's and better movement and player control.

Example:

You come across some imperial foot soldier in armour with shields and engage him in sword play, he blocks you with his shield and it unbalances you...but your character is a hulking son of a bitch and knocks the soldier around. He could either fall over due to impact or have his shield knocked completely out of his hands and rendering his arm crippled meaning he is an easier opponent to kill.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:41 am

OMG this is awesome news Razz Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 am

Elder Scroll 4 was awesome, one thng though i really want them to improve the engine, at the is very buggy and unstable. Lets cross fingers they do themselve again this time again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 am

once you hotkey quicksave to Tab or Shift, the engine wasnt even an issue =)
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 pm

The biggest update I would like to see is if they could make the combat more like Dark Messiah's, which was pretty fricken awesome, and such an underrated game lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:17 pm

i always went archer anyway for the crits.. they have to completely recode the engine for hand to hand combat to be decent, the characters slip and slide all over the damn place in battle, not to mention ridiculously fast.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Tiny bit more info here?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-6952-Elder-Scrolls-V-Set-To-Be-A-Continuation-Of-Oblivion.html
and here?
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136343p1.html

Both say different things about engines though, and I think there was some gay april fools joke about a new ES b4? So I hope there's nothing funny this time lol. To do with the engine, I hope they will make a completely new one unless they know we don't want a Fallout looking thing.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 pm

very old news but it gives us a rough idea that the game is very close to completion, if not entirely accurate

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-1795-Next-Elder-Scrolls-Potentially-in-2010.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:18 am

this shows what we should be expecting of the next engines.

Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

Huh? You mean this Unreal Engine shows a standard, not necessarily being used for the next ES? I wouldn't be complaining if that were the case though. Unreal hasn't been the greatest but I would be heaps happy with an ES looking like what that vid did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:52 am

yeah just a standard of quality id expect to see in the next gen
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 am

Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:58 pm

http://elderscrolls.com/

They have a trailer out and its on the teaser site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 am

also bethesda have announced they are making a new engine specifically for Skyrim.

good move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V announced   Elder Scrolls V announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top