Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Upon this situation, you would...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WaZzA

Upon this situation, you would... Empty
PostSubject: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 pm

On Tuesday 19th October. After having an arguement with a friend which ended up me leaving college early. I saw a young baby Currawong with down still on it, 10 centimetres high approx. hopping around squaking/chirping at by pass byers. I was thinking about it having disease or parasites on it as it was wild. As I walked passed it I was tempted to take it with me and drop it off at some animal place or something alike but instead I just walked passed it and let nature take its course. It was closing on darkness...

Upon the next day I walked passed the same spot... no bird how ever, I some how feel guilty of its disappearence.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 pm

My old cars have devoured many a bird and animals smaller than a wombat, shit happens, animals and people die everyday, life goes on.
Can't save them all
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 pm

When I was around 13 with my dad in the passenger seat a small dog ran away from its owner without a leash and went on the road...... it died. It will pass,

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Maybe that bird represented your friend, and your self, would you leave the friendship that way? or would you do something to fix it? help it out?

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm

yea done some driving in my little time with my codes, kangaroos, many birds, possums, rabbits, stray dogs and a already dead cow,

Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 pm

how the fuck do you kill a cow with a car >_>
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Wow Karma and Dog, so insensitive.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:29 pm

To let something like what I said have a huge effect on you is more of a worry Ava, it was sad but it isn't something to have changed me at the time.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Virtuoso X wrote:
how the fuck do you kill a cow with a car >_>

It was an already dead cow, which just makes it more confusing.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 pm

It doesn't have a huge effect on me Karma, I just don't like the way you worded it.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm

i know an old dude, which lent his wife a beamer and she went full on into a calf.... apparently it was a bit messy on both ends

nature is cruel, life is cruel, looking back on this is a good thing which will probably lead to you going out of your way to do something good, that will make up for this guilty feeling.....i'm not saying that it was wrong or right, but if it happened again, or if a similar thing happens in the future....

what would you do?

Either way you'll feel better in the morning
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:55 pm

LilbootsFTW wrote:
yea done some driving in my little time with my codes, kangaroos, many birds, possums, rabbits, stray dogs and a already dead cow,

A friend of mine and I nearly had a run in with a kangaroo, they do nasty things to your cars if you catch one.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Avalost wrote:
It doesn't have a huge effect on me Karma, I just don't like the way you worded it.
\

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Avalost wrote:
Lifes tough but you can't pretend to care about it if your actions say you're just sitting at home and going about your daily business.

Plenty of people kick up a fuss about so many issues but when you ask them if they've done anything about it they say they haven't, that irks me even more than pretending to be apathetic.

If it had really concerned Wazza, he wouldn't have to come here and reinforce his own belief there was nothing he could have done or soothe his guilt by our own admissions of insensitivity; he would have picked it up, tried to take care of it, googled or phone for the nearest shelter, and taken it there.

But most every day animals there's nothing you can do about them other than put them out of their misery. If you don't do it directly then a shelter will, costs less that way.

If these issues really do cause concern and moral guilt in you then you would be going out about the world making a difference.
Social dissonance, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Nature isnt cruel, its that we perceive it as cruel because it isnt what 'we' would do in the wild.
Nature is quiet amazing, delicate in essence, and yes, can be tormenting and horrendous at times, but thats the beauty of it.
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

My mum and i were driving past the park across from our house and as we got to the first house that starts to go down a hill a dog came flying out of no where and went straight under the tyre.. we had no choice but to hit it.. The dog was pretty fucked and messed up.. we moved it to the gutter and rang the RSPCA.. not that they would be able to do anything cause its head was in pieces but we did something.

You cant save everyone or everything wazza.. the bird might of recovered you never know..
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Nice assumptions Dog.
I'd rather be someone who seems like they have a bit of heart than coldly being indifferent to begin with.
For once I agree more with Tulzer and Virt lol
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I know I'm just an arsehole at times, but that's how I see things.

And yes I did make some presumptions, I don't know anything about the charitable efforts of other people posting in this thread although I'm sure they are greater than anything I've done.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:54 pm

im a hard cunt without emotions, I would have bit the birds head off and shit down its neck! lol jks but thats nature, she's a cruel twisted mistress, like a previous girlfriend that is still bitter about giving her an ATM.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 pm

^ +1 LOL
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 am

Dessicrater wrote:
im a hard cunt without emotions, I would have bit the birds head off and shit down its neck! lol jks but thats nature, she's a cruel twisted mistress, like a previous girlfriend that is still bitter about giving her an STD.
Lol dessi thats funny and grotty at the same time
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 am

lol i thought it said ATM....like your credit card....but STD makes more sense Very Happy

Avalost wrote:

For once I agree more with Tulzer and Virt lol
yay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:51 am

We have a bit of Shakespeare in this thread. Virts comment is so philosophical lol
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am

Lol at the people who haven't caught on to the fact its been called STI for a long time now. Yeah virt is speaking from the heart, its pretty touching. All the comments seem to be giving me a some what "epiphony".
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

you mean, 'epiphany'
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

lol a heart you say?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Virtuoso X wrote:
lol a heart you say?
Don't lie wanker, we all know you're a little softie =P
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 pm

yea, i love dogs <3 my pitbull is like WTF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:40 pm

talking about hitting birds while driving, I was driving down the road and a bird tried to fly under my car but ended up getting caught by my mud guard, so any ways I drove home parked my in the garage and i heard this thing moving, i was like WTF and like 5 min later I moved my mud guard a bit and this thing comes hopping out and then flys away.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

cruel fuckers, why cant u take a bike.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:44 am

pushbikes can't accelerate from 0 to 60km/h in a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:19 am

Upon this situation, you would... BC-106-ArmyGreen-when-done-with-80cc-engine
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:59 am

Ain't a push bike if it's got a motor on it now is it? It's a MOTORBIKE
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:24 pm

its a hybrid
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Still got a motor on it
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:01 pm

oh i get it MOTOR- Bicycle LOL smart thinking
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 pm

And next up we will be discussing what those piece of poo mopeds are meant to be Razz
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 pm

FREE THE WHALES!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I want to eat whale, just to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:02 pm

omg o.O

Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:10 pm

You will probably need a bigger car to do much damage to a whale. Be sure to wear your seatbelt.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:41 am

That's okay, I'll rent me one of these; make short work of it:

Upon this situation, you would... Kone
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 am

Amazing how this topic went way off... topic
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:25 am

Your going to have a hell of a time trying to convince your insurance company that a whale just appeared on the road in front of your vehicle and you had to run it down.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 am

Nar just say I was digging for limestone by the beach and a whale got in the way
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:26 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 am

haha lol
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 am

well if it was already beached then it was likley going to die anyway so I guess it would be the humane thing to do, and seeing as it is fresh meat there should be no reason you couldnt start a BBQ around it.

Just be sure to write a report vaguely mentioning the whale and what it tasted like with some usless measurements so you can call it science if there are any objectors.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:08 am

Hehe alright, I'll pack a thesaurus along with my BBQ:

Upon this situation, you would... 100813_BBQ1

Upon this situation, you would... 100813_BBQ2

Apparently this baby can cook 7whole lambs at once
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upon this situation, you would...   Upon this situation, you would... Empty

Back to top Go down

Upon this situation, you would...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: