Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question Empty
PostSubject: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Ok within the next month or so I maybe coming into a slight windfall which will cause me a huge dilemma I am faced with the decision to upgrade my PC or buy another bike (Harley) I have been given a choice, by the powers that be (the Missus) lmfao so I'm at the point of asking you guys which way any of you would swing I have been advised that i will not be getting both.But with Crysis 2 due out before the end of the year this is what is causing the prb i want to go core i7 plus an ATI 5970 and a shit load of ram on an Asus Rampage Extreme II all wrapped up in an Antec2 900 so as I value most of you guys for some backup advice WHAT DO I FUCKN CHOOSE !!! Shocked = confused
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:09 pm

hmmm $20,000 dollar harley, or $1500 pc.

How shit is ur old pc by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 am

HAHA not going for a Fatboy or a Heritage Bob just a simple Sporty and more likely a 2nd hand one at that but my PC rig is an Asus p5k Pro MB with an ATI 4890 1gb GPU running 4gig ddr2 800mhz ram 800watt power supply wrapped up in an Antec 900 series One case 19" Dell with a 17"Benq that i use as a system monitor,monitor and Logitech x530 speakers all custom built by moi so it's kinda like 6000g PC upgrade V about 7000g for the 2nd hand sporty
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 am

Harley.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:55 am

Buy an R1 Wink
my bro in law is selln his 01 for 6 grand, sport bikes FTW!
Lol seriously I would go the pc...... Winter sux for moto ridn and the new pc will run so hot you won't need a heater hahaha

cos
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am

LoL Cos i'm 48 not 28 so an R1 is a little to sporty for me these days, the bike wouldn't get enough of what it wanted out of me hence the more subtle performances of the Sporty would be more suitable.But the new PC would be Liquid Cooled so the heat value would be minimal gotta love liquid for great O/C & cool PC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:38 am

Mate if you go with the pc, I would go with a antech 1200 case as the rampaige ll extreme is an extended atx board (ie bigger than most) i have one and i had it in a 900 for a while, it was a VERY tight fit. If you run big GFX cards they hit on your hard drives. so you need to set them up above and bellow the cards witch only allows you to run 3 drives max. Also if you want to run more than 1 card (sli or crossfire) this cuts the drives down to 2.
My cards were at the time gtx280's and their shorter than the 5970. That board is very good but you need a BIG case for it. Have a look at the HAF or antech 1200 lian-li pc80.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 am

hey Arny I was actually looking at the RampageII GENE so it's about $110 bucks cheaper with a slightly quicker FSB and as for crossfiring i would love to go to 2 5970 but FARK!! at a $1000 a pop or there abouts i just can't justify it
so a couple of 5850's seems to be on the cards or even one to start with but yeah the Rampage with an core i7 930 would be the go just deciding whether to go to the Extreme or the Micro ATX Gene & slap that into the 900 series 2 but thnx for the headsup on the Extreme & the fitment into the 1200
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Mate even if you go with the GENE the cards are still going to be a tight fit. The price diff between the 900 and 1200 is not much is it? Also the new rampage lll is out now has some real nice extras.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question   To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question Empty

Back to top Go down

To Buy Or Not To Buy That Is The Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top