Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Personal Best

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 am

I really Suck at Crysis Wars but today at least I got a P.B. I even managed to take down HYDE thnx to some backup from illicit Very Happy but enough of that besides practice any tips on how an ol' fart like the Mad_Aussie can get better lol
Back to top Go down

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 am

just keep playin heaps heaps heaps and after about 6 months you become good. also don't be a spastic, and ask one of the better players for some training and they will give you awesome tips like how to be a massive cunt by claywhoring everything

please don't learn from troppo though. his c4 is fucking insane.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:30 am

Ok well in regards to movement, as a beginner, stick nearby someone. Do not wonder off on your own to often just yet until you get to know the maps and know what would generally be safe for you and what wouldn't be. Make sure you always have cover nearby, whether it be a rock, a tree, or even a car, have cover to go behind and shoot from incase an enemy starts shooting at you when your not expecting it. Don't wonder to far into enemy territory.

Ok when it comes to aim, use a low sensitivity, in your console which can be accessed by pressing the "~" button, type in the command "cl_sensitivity". Now whenever you type in this command you type in a number. The default number that Crysis Wars has this set at is 45, change it around until you find a sensitivity that suits you best. I find it is ideal to be able to do a 180 in no less than a 1 and a half hand movement. When you aim, be calm, don't be a spastic and have your mouse go all over the place when the guy is running straight at you. Aim for the chest. Make sure that you are strafing when you are aiming so that you take as little damage as possible.

That is all I can think of for now, a use called Your_Dog will most likely post here soon and will have some very useful links in his signature area, have a read through them.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 am

Wounded wrote:
decrease ur sensitivity by 5
Thanks for the advice wounded i'll get right on it cya ingame soon
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 am

sErBz wrote:
Ok well in regards to movement, as a beginner, stick nearby someone. Do not wonder off on your own to often just yet until you get to know the maps and know what would generally be safe for you and what wouldn't be. Make sure you always have cover nearby, whether it be a rock, a tree, or even a car, have cover to go behind and shoot from incase an enemy starts shooting at you when your not expecting it. Don't wonder to far into enemy territory.

Ok when it comes to aim, use a low sensitivity, in your console which can be accessed by pressing the "~" button, type in the command "cl_sensitivity". Now whenever you type in this command you type in a number. The default number that Crysis Wars has this set at is 45, change it around until you find a sensitivity that suits you best. I find it is ideal to be able to do a 180 in no less than a 1 and a half hand movement. When you aim, be calm, don't be a spastic and have your mouse go all over the place when the guy is running straight at you. Aim for the chest. Make sure that you are strafing when you are aiming so that you take as little damage as possible.

That is all I can think of for now, a use called Your_Dog will most likely post here soon and will have some very useful links in his signature area, have a read through them.
I'll take onboard all your tips thanks sErBz I'll make the adjustments next time I'm ingame
Back to top Go down
Xternal
Xternal

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:51 am

increase sensitivity by 10
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:05 am

im here, read the links in my sigs, contains pretty much what everyone has already said, because theyve said the same things to me so i put them in the same convenient thread for people who are new

=]
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 am

your dog wrote:
im here, read the links in my sigs, contains pretty much what everyone has already said, because theyve said the same things to me so i put them in the same convenient thread for people who are new

=]
Thanks Dog for the heads up & I've got some great info I have been playing awhile but until I asked for hint's i still sucked but with this new info to use ingame I'm sure I'll improve oh btw my dog want'e some glue sniffin' tip's lol
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 am

Mad Aussie Bastard wrote:
oh btw my dog want'e some glue sniffin' tip's lol

rofl snaky cunt, haha.

nar its okay, i'll be fine thanks =P prefer to keep whats left of my brain intact.
Back to top Go down
marion barber

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 pm

increase your sensitivity by x and then drop it back down by x and you will aim better
Back to top Go down

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 pm

your a fuckin moron.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm

TraeliumFTW wrote:
your a fuckin moron.
lol ok now I'm confused as fuk who's a moron me or Marion if it's Marion he already knows that because people keep telling him if it's me i don't really give a fuck because as long as i take my meds it's all guuuuuuuuuuuuud!!! lmfao Cool
Back to top Go down

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:05 pm

no. your just crazy. he's a moron. its under his name.
Back to top Go down
marion barber

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 pm

you're a moron unless you can tell me why im a moron for what i said
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

marion barber wrote:
increase your sensitivity by x and then drop it back down by x and you will aim better

because you'd fucking get back to where your fucking sensitivity originally fucking was.

Q E fuckin D, get the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
marion barber

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 pm

No you put your sensitivity up from where you're comfortable and practice with that and put it down to where your more comfortable and you aim better
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:28 pm

x means the same thing, shoulda used x and y

marion barber wrote:
No you put your sensitivity up from where you're comfortable and practice with that and put it down to where your more comfortable and you aim better

and; no, youre still wrong.

practice with lower and lower sensitivity and you get better. shouldn't be putting it up at all. your DPI should be going up, your in game sensitivity should be going down
Back to top Go down
marion barber

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:31 pm

if that works for you sure
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

you should listen to L33t marion he is so awesome, I wish he teaches me how to play I love you
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 am

There is actually a little merit in what marion is saying (for once) Razz

I can compare to playing Darts, if i change to a heavier set, it takes me a while to get used to them, but when i change back to my usual darts, I am more accurate.
Back to top Go down

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 am

i just started trying to aim faster and i did. didnt fuck around with the sensitivity. mind you i played with an mx400.
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:00 am

Change of sens is no good for me either...muck around with it for a couple of weeks till you find something thats comfortable and your playing well with, then don't change it again.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:06 am

Maybe my theory would work on the weighted mice like the G5 etc rather than sensitivity lol
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:33 am

DaemonFTW wrote:
There is actually a little merit in what marion is saying (for once) Razz

I can compare to playing Darts, if i change to a heavier set, it takes me a while to get used to them, but when i change back to my usual darts, I am more accurate.

thats the same principle with any form of exercise or working out to gain strength/dexterity/endurance

by making yourself benchpress 100kg reps
or go for 10km runs
or doing 6 consecutive back flips
or 100 push ups and sit ups followed by beating up a punching bag,

you're aiming to improve yourself, by pushing yourself beyond the limit of what you normally do day to day.
you dont actually NEED to do 100 push ups at any point in your life, but if you can do that at any one point in time, youll definately be able to do a fraction of that without end.

marion barber wrote:
if that works for you sure

when it comes to aiming, youre swapping out physical strength for response time and precision in moving your cursor over the target.
the reason people suck at first is cause they miss, they miss because they can't keep the cursor on the target.

if you keep missing because you move your mouse and you go too far left of right of where you should be, then youre pushing your mouse too hard across the desk. how do you slow it down? by decreasing the sensitivity. OR dont push your mouse so hard across the desk.
its easier to change the sensitivity than practice the physical movement, but you should do both

DPI is important because it helps with tracking a target. if each push of the mouse covers a smaller step (at a higher dpi) then the cursor moves more smoothly. ^#1

So you combine all the above:
lower sensitivity + more controlled hand movements x DPI to make the cursor go smoother = better fucking aiming

which means you play better!

^#1: this is why i hate gaming on consoles, each push of the thumbstick moves at a certain amount of pixels, limited only to the rate at which you can push that stick. the stick has less movability and range than the mouse, so you find when youre trying to aim you end up going just a bit too far to the left or right of the target, and fuckin miss. also you cant change the rate at which you can spin around by pushing the stick HARDER because it is still going the same rate you set for aiming, unlike a mouse which covers more ground if you push it harder and farther.
thus you can either aim precisely and turn like a turtle, or aim like shit and spin around like a crackhead.
Back to top Go down
marion barber

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:13 am

If you put your sensitivity up than you have to adjust to more precise and accurate aiming and then putting it down again means you will be even more accurate.

I didnt just pull this out of my ass I know some people that do it and it works for them.

and im not saying your way is bad or anything
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:23 am

Have I created a monster with this thread guys ?? lmao
I didn't meant to open up a can of worms although it seems as though I have I will experiment on all the info I have received but when all said and done the answer seem to lead to one of two things A. adjusting your sensitivity to somewhere your comfortable & B. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE !!!
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 am

^ Hitting hammer on head there
Back to top Go down
Lithius

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am

or if your like me change your sen about 6-7 times in one round without finding something that feels right...but still somehow get a decent KDR

Lol ask Wounded, sometimes when i change my sens i aim well then like 2mins later it's shit again...Wounded has had me do this and kill him then i can't hit him for shit...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 am

if i come in under my name, and/or talk, i will do shit regardless.

if i make myself a new name, come in for a bit ill get like one and a half good rounds. then ill start talking and do shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Best   Personal Best Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Best

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: