Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Nvidia GF100s Vs ATi HD5970
Nvidia GF100
nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. I_vote_lcap100%nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 11 ]
ATi HD 5970
nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. I_vote_lcap0%nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Virtuoso X

nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. Empty
PostSubject: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:45 am

As we all know, ATi and Nvidia are the two monsters in the GPU market.

ATi have recently produced their flashy cards, with DX11, while Nvidia waits to make an entrance.
Well, what an entrance it is!
Nvidia released information about their latest upcomming card.

THE GF100!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gf100.html

its 6x better then the ATi HD5970, and performs 600x btter when running against the GTX285.

This is one beast that is sure to make you :O

Also, Nvidia hav this feature (not new, but not old) which allows you to play games in 3D, using 3d glasses (special computer 3D glasses)

Have alook at their white papers, this card is going to dominate!

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am

from wat ive been bought up on, similar performance quality but if you have the money nvidia's the way to go.... ati masters of heat retention....

awesome customer service...

ie. i had a 8800gt die on me but was still under waranty, so i sent them back the card without the details just a note saying it was fucked blah blah blah reciept number..... and 1 week later without an other communication between the 2 i recieved a 9800gx2 for free......

nvidiaFTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
OB1FTW

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am

I think it will be great, except I will probably have to mortgage my house to get one. So I am I gunna have to stick with my piece of shit 4870.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 am

I'll see how much they are when they come out, if its 'affordable' i'll get one and give ya's heads up on its ability against the GTX295.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 am

NanoSnipeFTW wrote:
if its 'affordable' i'll get one and give ya's heads up on its ability against the GTX295.

im estimating a price around a thousand bux.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:14 am

LilbootsFTW wrote:
from wat ive been bought up on, similar performance quality but if you have the money nvidia's the way to go.... ati masters of heat retention....

awesome customer service...

ie. i had a 8800gt die on me but was still under waranty, so i sent them back the card without the details just a note saying it was fucked blah blah blah reciept number..... and 1 week later without an other communication between the 2 i recieved a 9800gx2 for free......

nvidiaFTW

Similar thing happen to my old pc, they just give away there stock lol, actually, what they give away are refurbished cards, good as new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am

How can u compare a ATI 5970 to NVIDA GF100 series when the GF 150 is identical to a 9800 GTX + but just with 1 GIG of ram ...??? and when they come in prebuilt systems
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:51 am

lol i dont even know about these cards or have heard of them, i thought 300 series is coming out next???
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 am

nope they are called GF100 series boots....every one assumed it would be called a GTX300 but they have changed it. Fermi is a huge step up for GPU tech....
Read the white paper on the link Virt posted with stats on this new series........ATI will be blown outa the water by this, Nvidia have had this up their sleeve and not let on at all how good it is. Cant wait to see the bench's and get my hands on 1....afetr i take out a second mortgage rofl

read a preview here:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/nvidia-gf100-fermi-technology-preview/

Cos
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict.   nVidia vs ATi Final Verdict. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 am

GF100 v GTX285
Farcry2 bench

85FPS v 50FPS (remember these are both single Core)