Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

dvd/data protection app

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whitedevil
FTW Clan Member
Whitedevil

dvd/data protection app Empty
PostSubject: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:52 am

G'Day all,

Ok got a little problem. Long story short gonna lend a work m8 a data disk of important shit. But theirs a catch I don't want him burning any of the info on it. Now hes not to bright with computers but I just want to be safe. Anyone know of a program to at least burn protect it(anything at all).

Any help would be sweet I have looked everywhere on the net. I know almost anything can be cracked just need something to keep it a bit safe from say Nero or something.

Cheers, White Smile
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 pm

i havent heard of a way of protectin files as such, especially without out details wat they are, text, music, data of anyform and be copied, easily...

if you dont want him to have it dont even show him

my thoughts boots out
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Whitedevil
FTW Clan Member
Whitedevil

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Yeah boots he's give a presentation and I decided to let him have a look at the info I collected on the one I gave to the course. Just didn't want him taking my work directly. Jpgs Powerpoint and word docs. He's a good enough bloke just a lazy cun$ and I could see him plagiarizing my work, because im not gonna be there when he delivers it.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm

dont give it to him, unless hes a partner and you reap benefits of some form in sharing information like this to him...... maybe you can show him while your present to give him an idea on the sorta shit he has to produce then leave with your study.....

im my opinion your trust in him aint solid therefor leading to your beliefs of possible cheating.... why do it...

boots out
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm

show him on your own computer or just dont show him at all
Back to top Go down
Whitedevil
FTW Clan Member
Whitedevil

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 pm

roger that wilco ......o I think I have lost it now Laughing
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 am

Dessicrater wrote:
show him on your own computer or just dont show him at all

yeh if you cant trust him to plagarise and get you in shit as well, then you cant trust him with a copy of the work.
even if it was burnt protected, he COULD re-write all the info himself if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:44 pm

best way to do that type of security is to convert it into secure PDF files with copying/printing etc disabled. he can copy them to his PC and view the PDF files but cant edit them or anything.
Back to top Go down
Lord White

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:49 pm

I hear guns work well too.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Yeah, i know a program or two that would put a default burn protection on it Surprised
add me on xfire so i can send you it. search 'virtuosox'
Back to top Go down
Whitedevil
FTW Clan Member
Whitedevil

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am

From what I heard it was a lame presentation lol poor fella, but then agian he should of pulled his finger out and done some research himself.

You can catch fish for some1 or teach em to fish and survive forever... just pity my m8's to lazy to be taught. Rolling Eyes

virtuosox I never use xfire at all.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Whitedevil wrote:
From what I heard it was a lame presentation lol poor fella, but then agian he should of pulled his finger out and done some research himself.

You can catch fish for some1 or teach em to fish and survive forever... just pity my m8's to lazy to be taught. Rolling Eyes

Hmm.... i uploaded it, its here: http://www.4shared.com/file/202202845/9058900c/WTMCDProtect235.html

and ReadMe File is : http://www.4shared.com/file/202203247/cb7d1393/wtm-help.html
Back to top Go down
Whitedevil
FTW Clan Member
Whitedevil

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Virtuoso X wrote:
Whitedevil wrote:

Hmm.... i uploaded it, its here: http://www.4shared.com/file/202202845/9058900c/WTMCDProtect235.html

and ReadMe File is : http://www.4shared.com/file/202203247/cb7d1393/wtm-help.html

good work, thanks for chasing it up for me. Ill give it a crack next time!!!

white
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dvd/data protection app   dvd/data protection app Empty

Back to top Go down

dvd/data protection app

View previous topic View next topic Back to top