Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

My FPS In-Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:42 am

Heys these are the screenies i took in game today of my fps.
=o Laughing

My FPS In-Game 24eov3c

My FPS In-Game 2cz95ih

My FPS In-Game Ynh8m

My FPS In-Game 29m3h2r

My FPS In-Game 11iohgj

My FPS In-Game 2wnaby8

My FPS In-Game 2h5ires

My FPS In-Game 14t6ddd
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 am

well that would just play like shit without vsync.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 am

should run in DX9 as well, helps performance a bit for some. given youre not on a DX10 server
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 am

yea lol is there a command to show ingame resolution??? even though theres not much happening so most peopl can get that FPS i still dont believe your running 1900x1000 on a single gtx260......... hmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 am

he can just post up the full resolution screenshot, that'd show you.
Back to top Go down
Xternal
Xternal

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 am

i

Last edited by Xternal on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 pm

lolz, Boots its actually 1920x1080. i can post a reso screeny. traelium, its actually pretty good, with and / or without vsync, doesnt do ALOT of difference, just some tearing fixes.
also, is it bad or good that my fps are that high? o.O sometimes it goes alittle lower but it constantly stays around that.

anyways heres the pic.
My FPS In-Game Fc0505
Back to top Go down
sErBz

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm

i dont understand this vsync shit, someone explain why it is there for... does it stop that shit where i randomly lag?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 pm

sErBz wrote:
i dont understand this vsync shit, someone explain why it is there for... does it stop that shit where i randomly lag?

Vsync is Vertical synch, what it does is synchronises EVERY frame. Let's say your monitor is set to a refresh rate of 75Hz. You're playing crysis and you're getting 100FPS right now. That means that the mointor is updating itself 75 times per second, but the video card is updating the display 100 times per second, that's 33% faster than the mointor. So that means in the time between screen updates, the video card has drawn one frame and a third of another one. That third of the next frame will overwrite the top third of the previous frame and then get drawn on the screen. The video card then finishes the last 2 thirds of that frame, and renders the next 2 thirds of the next frame and then the screen updates again. As you can see this would cause this tearing effect as 2 out of every 3 times the screen updates, either the top third or bottom third is disjointed from the rest of the display. This won't really be noticeable if what is on the screen isn't changing much, but if you're looking around quickly or what not this effect will be very apparant. so in short, it may lower your FPS to suit ur monitors Hrtz, we probably didnt think a monitor would affect the GPUs performance but it really does. thats why my next investment is in a 42" Plasma with 1000Hz refresh rate =D
i personally dont like vsynch because it can cause lags, but it also can get rid of them. Vsynch was not built to reduce lag! so in short, it wont stop where you randomly lag. i think the lag is from the server packets. ...... (p.s FTW increase the packets to 100 Razz )
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:53 pm

also, if u have nVidia, right click desktop, and go to nvidia contrll pannel, in "Display" click on "Change resolution" you should see Hz and the resolution, usually the lower the resolution the more the Hz.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm

it stands for vertical syncronization, all i does is match your monitors refresh rate with your ingame FPS, so if its on it will stop object tearing/ripping.

but for you serbz a little tip i read about this in my nvidea book ages ago wen we went over this...... if your monitors refresh rate is 60, enabled means you can only get 60fps ingame, but disabled at will let your pc do wat the shit it likes, BUT <<<(IMPORTANT) IF YOUR PC CANT GET AND MAINTAIN A ABOVE 60fps <<<(ALWAYS ABOVE 60fps) AND YOU HAVE Vsync ENABLED THEN YOU WILL LAG LIKE ALL SHIT......

hope it helps boots
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:33 am

all those fotos are irrelevant as your not in dense areas or firefights, the frame rate will shoot down heavily when shit actually HAPPENS
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:36 am

if you get more then 60fps you need vsync on, your monitor can ONLY display 60 of those 170 frames so not only is your video card doing BULLSHIT loads more work then it needs to but the tearing would be horrible, i cant fucking stand it i dont know how you guys can think its only a small thing, unless you never turn left or right.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:47 am

true Traelium, it also preserves GPU life Surprised idk i never have vSynch on in any of my games.......just alittle habit i have Surprised
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:24 pm

from wat ive heard if its pumping 60fps with vsync on or 10000fps with vsync off the GPU's run at exactly the same pace... if not more to reduce the frame output to match monitor
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:53 am

fps = wps

"Wanks Per Second"
Back to top Go down
Faggatron
Faggatron

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 am

DaemonFTW wrote:
fps = wps

"Wanks Per Second"

No no no no. Your doing it wrong. It is actually

fps which = "Faps Per Second". Razz
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

lolz i thought it was Fps for Fats per second?
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 pm

once again....the thread turns to gayness....and I wasnt involved! haha!
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 am

too slow dessi...too slow
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Next time Dessi Razz
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm

i didnt want to make a new thread.....have a read what i found in regards to fps.

Quote :
The USAF, in testing their pilots for visual response time, used a simple test to see if the pilots could distinguish small changes in light. In their experiment a picture of an aircraft was flashed on a screen in a dark room at 1/220th of a second. Pilots were consistently able to "see" the afterimage as well as identify the aircraft. This simple and specific situation not only proves the ability to percieve 1 image within 1/220 of a second, but the ability to interpret higher FPS.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:02 pm

does not apply for LCD
Quote :
Much of the discussion of refresh rate does not apply to the liquid crystal portion of an LCD monitor. This is because while a CRT monitor uses the same mechanism for both illumination and imaging, LCDs employ a separate backlight to illuminate the image being portrayed by the LCD's liquid crystal shutters. The shutters themselves do not have a "refresh rate" as such due to the fact that they always stay at whatever opacity they were last instructed to continuously, and do not become more or less transparent until instructed to produce a different opacity. Most of the TFT LCDs used in portable devices and computer monitors need a continuous refresh. The driving voltage determines the transmittance of the liquid crystal.
The closest thing liquid crystal shutters have to a refresh rate is their response time
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:49 am

lcds not having a refresh rate has nothing to do with USAF pilots being able to see flashes of planes in the dark.

what is wrong with you people.
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:52 am

people don't have a refresh rate, hundreds of factors come into play from the individuals speed of perception to the ambient room lighting. the only reason the pilots could distinguish the planes is the reason you stated, because they were in a dark room and the image is blasted onto their eyes. in that experiment they were probably full size images of the planes on a runway, not in the distant sky.

in terms of 'refresh rates' and monitors, the fact that a human cannot distinguish between 60FPS is IRRELEVANT because CRT or LCD monitors don't use any more of the frames produced (hence the VSYNC effect), and in any game where your computer CAN pull more then 60fps you have to have vsync on.

unless your on a crt where its like 75 or whatever but thats obvious. not that any douchebag still uses crt.

LCD's at 5ms or less are ideal but you still won't notice any smoother frames past 60, but its not really because of the human brain's 'refresh rate'
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:21 am

for the best possible experience you need a widescreen IPS panel with 170+ VA.

i have two =)

but they are fucked =(
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:05 am

Vsync sucks. It does the job to remove screen tearing, so if you have an unreasonable amount of frames in
singleplayer then it might be a good option.

But in MP, for a game like Crysis especially, all it will do is limit your overall performance.
I don't think anyone has gotten to the point of too many fps in Crysis wars?
With the gfx on low, you're only going to notice the screen tearing all the time if you're concentrating on seeing it.
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 am

Lol gfx on low? Why bother playing crysis! I always played on max and if i ever turned vsync off i noticed it on every tiny move of the mouse.

How will it possibly limit your performance??
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 am

By limiting how many frames are allowed to get through, the end result can be more lag unless you have some amazing amount of fps to begin with : P

I also agree with lilboots in that having the GPU monitor what goes through is taking a toll as well.

It's awesome if you're capable to run it well on full gfx though, and I reckon the tearing is worse or more noticable when you do so yeah, but I would go for pure performance first in MP, and crysis wars on low still looks good enough to me though I'm always amazed when I turn it up : P

Last edited by Avalost on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 am

but limiting the frames makes your video card do less work? so it would run faster and cooler? I've never experienced a game where having vsync on gave me lag, except for back in the original counter strike games but that came down to things like netchoke and interp.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 am

Idk, isn't your GPU still producing all the frames, it's still doing all the work, just now it has to sync the right ones to give you no tearing. If you're not worse off with it on, you must just have a beast that can always get ample frames in crysis to begin with : P
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 am

im on a gtx295 so yeah it can handle it, but even before this machine, on any machine on any game, as long as i'm clocking over 60fps i've turned it on and had a much better experience.

I don't think it still produces the frames as that would defeat the purpose :S

If i turn it off at any time in crysis shit just fuckin tearssssss all over the place and im a nazi about my image quality.

edit: yeah just looked it up, it tells the video card to wait for the monitor to request the next frame. so as long as you've got a decent monitor it would be fine, run cooler and last longer.

Last edited by TraeliumFTW on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 am

TraeliumFTW wrote:
and im a nazi about my image quality.

+1
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 am

shuttup virt your images are shit.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:43 am

sif 32xAA ftw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 am

I've always found it felt more laggy, but I will have to give it some more tries then. What I mean by still producing all the frames is, you need enough in the first place for vsync to work, and for it to work well it has to use all the frames that can be available to it, in order to get the best sync without delay.

I'm not the best at explaining it :S I don't know all the facts, that's just what I gather from it, and why I feel it can be more limiting than letting your frames run wild : P
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:53 am

Thats true Ava, but if you have low- low fps its useless to have vsync on, only works good if u have high- high fps.
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 am

it used to be more limiting as if you got 70fps and turned it on it could reduce your fps to 35-40 but now theyve mostly fixed that and turning on triple buffering should eliminate that completely, because i get between 60-120fps and vsync doesn't drop me below 60

but i have it on all the time, because if you're getting less then 60fps, telling it to not do more then 60 isn't going to make a difference.

it doesn't take all the frames and try to sort them out, it actually links the production of frames with the speed of the monitor. It's when you DONT have vsync on that it has to try sort them out, and because its simply a massive job trying to squeeze one framerate into another, you get screentearing, because you're actually seeing 3 cut frames in the place of one.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 am

Yeah, I just feel that vsync favours image quality over smooth performance. Sure frames get torn but the process is allowed to update as quickly as it can, whereas your placing restrictions with vsync, which can be fine if your frames are always more than enough, I just wonder how both options compare on a GPU that is stressing more in say a firefight. I also wonder where the line is for too many frames and what the effect is of having them unlimited. lol you guys might know?
Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 am

the more frames you have the more tearing you'l get.

you get 180fps, you're monitor is ready to display 1 frame. you're video card has given it 3. your monitor has to work out where one stops and the next begins based on the minute time difference between each frame. you get 2 tear marks.

less then 120 frames (2:1) will only result in one tear. 90fps will result in one tear every 2 or 3 frames.

for me the disorientation caused by screen tearing is worse then any fps drop, and when you spend so much money on a video card why waste all its energy and longevity on producing frames which you're only ever going to see 1/3 of.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Though for me I get around a constant 250 fps on aim map and find it hard to notice much that bothers me, especially if I was fighting rather than looking for it. Vsync creates the feeling of "mouse lag" for me, even if it's mostly minute. I use a high sensitivity but idk how much of a part that would play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My FPS In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: My FPS In-Game   My FPS In-Game Empty

Back to top Go down

My FPS In-Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top