Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Steam account getting hacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalek
Dalek

Steam account getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Today, twice while I have been playing MW2 my character begins moving on its on, changing weapons, placing claymores and shooting with no keyboard input.

But its not bad lag, as the game continues smooth and it can change to steam chat and start typing random stuff.

THe only thing typed that makes sense is a crysis command (no I don't have server commands macroed) that said PB_RCON X_UNBAN then a bunch of random latters as I started mashing the keyboard, I think it was typing Shot (Who is banned from my crysis server) however I think its unlikely he was hacking me.

Any advice, how do I stop this happening? I have changed steam password and download new security software, gotten rid of AVG. But from there I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

turn off your monitor... done Wink
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeah lol thanks Karma, any suggestions so I can keep using my computer Razz
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Rilord

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 am

only steam
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:07 am

Yeah the activation. Give that a try. Should supposedly give you the full protection and so forth.
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 am

Damn gona have to find another way to hack your account then...
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 am

Man that's not your steam account getting hacked thats your PC being hacked .... in much the same way as certain IT departments hack into their staff PC's via remote access and do shit while you're watching them do it.

I know my IT department uses something like hkcmd and you should be able to see it running in your task manager under processes.

You could also look at disabling remote access somewhere within windows, lock down and encrypt your network especially if using wirless, allowing only your PC, and any others within your household you want to have access, which should by default block any PC ID's not on that list of allowed users.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 am

Ok thanks troppo I will keep an eye on it, and next time it happens I will open up my processes and check.

I am using home Wi-fi so its easily hackable. I will look into the things you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam account getting hacked   Steam account getting hacked Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam account getting hacked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top