Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Little Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 am

You have 1000 jpegs, about 200kb each

They are stored on a NAS which all computers have access to

A software system on a network of computers requires the image paths to produce datablocks

You require a method of the users of that network to easily view the images, preferably in a web-browser, where you can assign keywords to the images and have them type in keywords and thumbnails of the images appear, they can then select the image and assign its number to the software that creates the datablock.

The image browsing has to be fast, as it is 1000 images you cannot have them all visible by default, coz it can take some of the machines up to 2 minutes to load the thumbnails across the database.

I need to find a way to do this by October 11th. Doesn't sound too difficult in theory but i'm stumped as to how. It should be the IT departments job but they won't help me.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:58 am

It wouldn't be too difficult to use AJAX application as a web service in the internal network, i had a similar assignment but instead of images it was a fucking big music library.
Is the image library being organize (Like every jpegs have their own description for easy access)??
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:11 am

every jpeg needs to have keywords (up to 20 keywords each), no real organisation to it its just got to be like.. if people want a picture of a farm, they type in farm, and all images associated with farm (irrigation, wheat fields, farms in drought, harvestors) come up and they pick whichever is most suitable
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 am

yeah exactly like clip art.. lol its the simplest thing and ive no idea how to go about setting it up
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:35 am

fyuck u

Last edited by tulzer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 am

theyre just images with filenames as it stands, id have to assign the keywords to them in a database of some sort
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 am

you can assign keywords to the actual jpeg images themselves under properties -> summary (keywords)

can do a windows search for the keyword in the "A word or phrase in the file" instead of "All or part of the filename" and windows will return search results.

Depends how simple you want it, how many people would access it etc. By assigning the keyword directly to the jpeg you could use some free image management application, Picasa for example to do the rest.

But you probably already knew that :-)

Windows 7 just searches the filename AND keywords by default
Back to top Go down
Lord White

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 am

Damn if it wasn't a web browser you could probally just add the files to clipart.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 am

ok heres a challenge back at you,

you have 1000 carts of pe4 and 200cm of high mild steel, you hav to blow a clean cut exactly opposite eachother to create a shock bounce which adds to the shearing effect, wat type of rig would you set up and how many goes would it take to get through it..

or would you just use a mix tri-tetraline, nosphate 100, diesel, heavy water, and amonium nitrate to blow it to hell, i would

bahahahah wat a load of shit that was, you better watch your house or im coming for you.

Booots out
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:55 am

who changed my post?
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Lol good luck boots, i wouldn't blow anything up, i'd use the doorknob, coz im not a retard.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 pm

haha yea i love you trae, but if theres enemy(wounded, you) inside that structure i would seriulsy reconsider using a door knob, as wounded has hacks and you will drop a massive sign you designed on me,

ExplosivesFTW
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:40 pm

if wounded and i were trapped inside a building we'd probably just decide to be immune to explosives
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 pm

yea but but but but

i gots nothing
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:31 am

our school has a setup like that.

they've used filemaker pro on the mainstream server. with all the pictures.

then anyone can basically access it from the computers on the school network wirelessly. the program can be run through a webbrowser as some students use laptops to wirelessly connect.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 am

Hahaha everyone knows the explosives makes things extra awesome, this is because of the laws of the universe. Go for gold booties!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 am

Nope lol still fucked for any ideas, i can't spend any money to do it, asking people around the station for clues or help and trying to get info off some guy who set it up for other stations, think they just used picasa but theres gota be a simpler way.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:03 am

I did suggest Picasa earlier. doesnt get much simpler than that. Piss easy to use and it's free.

or is that not quite what you're after?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Little Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Challenge   Little Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top