Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Help with crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

My fuckn crysis has been crashing my system for the past few weeks, i dont know why it started, but it just locks up the whole system and i have to reboot, there are no events recorded at all, ive reloaded DX and updated GPU drivers, short of that i duno what to do, without knowing WHAT is causing it to crash. Help?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:59 am

maybe somethings wrong hardware wise?
Back to top Go down
Aussie

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 pm

I get that sometimes. When im playing it will just randomly out of know where crash.

Meh its crysis. Wat do u expect
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Quote :
You have to get a can of coke and a coathanger, unwind the coathanger, stab it thru the can and put both ends into opposite sides of the cpu (u have to lift off the cpu first and remove all cooling liquid, also before you do this change your overclock to 4ghz, you won't be able to do it after), once you have the coathanger coke upgrade wired together and safely in place, ensure that the coke is leaking out of the holes. Coke contains caffeine and everyone knows that that speeds things up, make sure its leaking all over the mobo and the PSU. Now plug an extension cable into the back of your neck, its going to hurt a little but you just gota smash it right in there making sure the prongs are digging right into your cerebral cortex, otherwise you won't get the neccessary power output from your brain to the super-coke-conductor. You'l know its in good because you'll hear alot of snapping and crunching and then a tingling sensation. Of course to make it work with crysis you need to strip the other end of the extension cord with your teeth, and make sure you wire it deep into the PSU unit. Once you've done all this you should have no problem getting past the check point in warhead. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it's the only way to do it.

didnt u know that, its so obvious
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:21 pm

rofl. thanks clerk =) id forgotten about that.

how can i find out whats crashing it :S
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Mmmm benchmark it and see from the logs went it crashes, test for artifacts,have you clean you video drivers properly?
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 4:14 pm

artefacts are rare, drivers are new, the crash only happens once in every 3 or 4 hours of crysis so id have to bench it for ages, and when it crashes it locks the entire system up, nothing is reported
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:00 am

do u have an asus striker mobo by any chance?
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am

no gigabyte x58 extreme overclock edition, all things running stock no overheat
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:56 pm

i get the same shit sometimes, have been since vanilla. It has happened on all 3 systems i've had
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:16 am

happened to me. ended up blowing my old comp up.

happened with my new one too. i just shoved in a whole lot of fans and coolers and its working
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:11 am

yep +1 to wounded.

turn off all ur background shit. like antivirus and all that other crap.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 am

Trae turn off MSN it conflicts sometimes......I know you have it on all the time. Go through the processes like others have said and close all down not needed. See if it makes a difference.
Run in Single screen mode rather than Dual Screen also....this crashes for me all the time esp when i run displayfusion in the background to have different wallpapers up etc. Turn ya OC down on RAM/CPU/GPU if you are running OC. My RAM OC was crashing Wars for a while when i went to 8gig from 4gig.

Hope you get it workin proper soon m8.....mine is pretty stable atm but still have the ocasional crash to desktop with no error at all rofl? Crysis FTL

Cos.
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:10 am

i just run msn and ts when playing.. no OC.. gota try single screen.. somehow i can feel that its going to crash at the start of the level even if it doesnt happen for like 10 minutes. still rage hard when it does though haha have to restrain from putting my fist thru my 400$ screen
Back to top Go down
JasonX

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 am

Sounds like a voltage issue man. You may have to manually set the RAM voltages. Look up the manufacture recommended voltages and see if you've got to set them different to the motherboards default. It wouldnt hurt to do the same with your CPU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.customline-computers.com
JasonX

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:41 am

My 790i Ultra wont run stable what so ever without doing ^^^^.
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 am

mine runs fine
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:43 am

get a thermal gun and see what parts on ur computer are running hot, increse the voltages or lower them just keep an eye on temps
Back to top Go down
JasonX

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:44 am

Yeah cause everyone keeps a thermal gun handy hahahaha. Nah but that's a good idea I llicit.
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:57 pm

yeah i keep it in the same drawer as my Federation-Issue-Tricorder and Warp-Entanglement Assimilator.

all temps are at normal and all voltages are right. i've got a hunch it might be a d3d thing with the video card drivers, think i need to roll back to like, old old ones
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Back to top Go down
CHICK3NAT0R

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:06 pm

First of all u should check if it is hardware or software realted, have u tried installing a second OS or formatting and using the same hardware to play, if it plays fine on another OS on the same hardware well then time to format, if it still breaks its gotta be somethin to do with hardware, try replacing parts with others if you have any spares or anything but yeh thats bout all the insightiveness i can give into this conundrum of a situation.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:15 am

almost definitely a hardware issue, i had a striker mobo and that would happen with all my games, in the end i got it refunded and bought a decent gigabyte board.
first try installing the warhead patch, thats supposed to help with some crashes
Back to top Go down

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:08 am

warhead, hawx, grid, hl2, sacred2, all work flawlessly at maxed out graphics, no artefacts nothing. its ONLY wars =(
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 6:29 am

uninstall wars completely.

like save games files, registry keys
all of it.

then do a fresh copy of wars,with 1.5 and see how you go.

happened to me too, i eneded up reinstalling win 7. but took a shitload of time to get everything back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:09 am

how come noone has mentioned...viruses? Done a EFFECTIVE virus scan lately? What OS?
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:10 am

if you got win7 rc put on rtm. more stable. ur not the only one who has crashes with win7 atm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with crash   Help with crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with crash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Tech Discussion-
Jump to: