Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

help Retrieving information permanantly deleted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaemonFTW

help Retrieving information permanantly deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 am

ERD commander, as long as nothing else gets saved or anything has changed since the deletion.

have a look on TPB

It's a bootable cd that creates a ramdrive separate from the hard drive so it can read it.

Technically the data is there just the information in the allocation table has been erased so the disk 'thinks' it is gone. Only problem is that it is marked as empty so when new data is written to the disk it overwrites that area

I should be on TS tonight and take you through it if you like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:57 am

Stellar Phoenix saved my entire system the last time i lost it. easy as shit to use.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 am

wounded, if she has deleted from the recycle bin there is some hope, its called the FAT, it removes but doesnt delete, putting a ? infront tricking the harddrive there is room, but its just waiting for the file to be overwriten, i would try file scavenger, it only works in some case if the file that has been deleted has not been overwriten allready

http://www.snapfiles.com/features/811-421200-filescavenger.html

love boots

oh thats dumb terms, asked my dad about it lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
KingKoopa

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:14 am

Id say she has a fat chance even with those programs. Its harder than people think. Why do u think these repair places charge somwhere near 2k to 5k to retreive lost data, if it could be done with a simple program everyone would be doing it.

Good Luck anyway
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 am

Trae's done it, I've done it.

It's getting to the data before it gets overwritten is the trick
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:19 am

I done it too for one of my mates uncle who was trying to get dirt on her ex, apparently the bitch sold all his stuff on auction site while he was away overseas working, so he ask me if i could find some finantial record she deleted it lol, done it all for 2 boxes of piss =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 am

unless you lose a raid0 drive you can get anything back, and even if that was the case you can restore some your just going to have to find the same exact model as the one that shat itself. Repair places charge you heaps to make you think you can't do it.

wounded you'l have to torrent stellar phoenix i think its a paid-for app, cant get one at work but mini or revtt will have it, i've got it at home i think and its not very big.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 am

yeah as has been mentioned DO NOT SAVE ANYTHING NEW or even use the computer

the more changes you make the more you risk writing over core parts of files you may want to recover

I use Active Undelete or File Recovery Pro but really any program you can get will do the same thing.
search for torrents alot of these programs cost money not sure
(i posess both these programs though if you want me to upload them somewhere or msn)

http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/filerecovery.html

thats sposed to be free and easy. download, try it out (check for viruses just in case) and yeh, dont install or change anything on the drive you want to scan

also the scan can take a very long time so do it over night.
and its possible you may not get back some things, but if you havent touched it you should be fine..
Back to top Go down
P.CHardware

PostSubject: Re:information lost   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I am not very good when it comes to software. I do pickup on good software every now and then. I know a couple that require a hefty price and some that don't in this area. The ones that cost a lot do an excellent job of restoring the information. Problem is finding them. When I am in America even I have a hard time finding a box with the software. Even then the software is about $100 in U.S Dollars. File Recover might be what you need I am not sure. It's from PC Tools. It's keys can be purchased online and the program can be downloaded online.

According to the PC Tools website it recovers files lost by emptying the Recycle Bin, or using other deletion actions that bypass the Recycle Bin altogether. Such actions include Windows® Shift-Delete, command line deletion, deleting excessively large files or using applications that delete files without the Recycle Bin.

When a file is deleted from the Recycle Bin, or if the recycle bin is bypassed altogether, the file can no longer be recovered by the Windows® Operating system. The content of the file still remains on the drive, relatively intact, until the section of the drive it occupies is overwritten by another file.

File Recover identifies the contents of such lost files on the hard drive and allows you to recover them. If a file has been partially overwritten, File Recover attempts to reconstruct as much of the file as possible with the remaining contents. This allows you to salvage at least part, if not all, of that recovered file to continue using it as required.

This is the copy and past version visit the website to find out more. It's $30 U.S Dollars it's an American company. I never used the software myself as I am careful with my data and I backup my hard drive and important files. I do however use the free full versions of there security software and I am satisfied. I also use Desktop Maestro cleaning software. It keeps my computer clean and running fast. Desktop Maestro is $40 U.S Dollars. Visit my websites link page for other free programs. I hope this helps you.

http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/

http://ericspchardwaredata.com/

-P.CHardware

Last edited by P.CHardware on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 pm

stellar is $99US, does the same thing, reads the harddrive raw.
Back to top Go down
P.CHardware

PostSubject: Re:Information Loss   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Another thing that I just thought of before I go I figured I would post. Did you make user accounts? I did with mine so this way if people want to get on the internet or other basic tasks they can without messing my computer up. I have one Administrator and one Guest account on my computer. I never let anyone operate under Admin unless I am present and watching. My computer has sensitive job information based stuff coming through it that I do not want people getting to without my knowledge. Difference is to un-install with some accounts it won't let you without the administrator. In addition that account is a seperate account any documents on that account are unique to that portion of the hard drive.

How to set it up? Depends I have at my fingertips XP Professional and Vista Home Premium. I guess we can start with XP. Hit start then go to control panel. Click user accounts then click on the Guest account. Below the change the picture option is turn on or off the Guest Account. Turn it on. Problem is that hiding files by right clicking and telling them to hide can be seen even with a guest account. This is ok though we will use the other option if you can activate it. Right click on the file and hit Properties. Then under Attributes to the far right hit advance and check mark Encrypt.

Windows Vista is the opposite. To prevent unwanted access you need to right click the file and hit properties. Look at the top and hit the Security tab and change the permissions that the accounts have to this item. To create an account with Vista you hit start click Control Panel. Go to User Accounts and Family Safety and then click Add or Remove user accounts. To encrypt data with Vista you need Ultimate Edition. For XP I think either operating system can do it I am not sure. I hope this helps you.

P.CHardware
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help Retrieving information permanantly deleted   help Retrieving information permanantly deleted Empty

Back to top Go down

help Retrieving information permanantly deleted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: