Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Big Balls of smoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 am

I will not be here for a while my computer went up in a big ball of smoke the other night, so i sent my MOBO back to XFX for a replacement and i do not have a clue when i am gonna be getting it back, BTW make shure that u buy a MOBO with only solid state capacitor on the board.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:41 am

thats unfortunate to hear mate, hope to see you in game when you can again
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:45 am

buy a foxconn as a backup lol, cheap pieces of shit but you can find em for under 100 and gets ya going again until u get ur other board back
Back to top Go down

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 am

Think i might just do that thanks Dessi, any i know how long it take's XFX toget a new 1 ready.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 am

check ebay for absolute cheap prices on foxconns, my last one to run dual core was $90
Back to top Go down
Poobah
Poobah

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am

don't you just hate it when computers spontaneously burst into flames?

hope the replacement comes soon mate.
Back to top Go down

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:45 am

Got my old pc up and going and it plays crysis on all low setting and 20 FPS lol, so update

Asus M2V mobo
AMD athlon dual core - 2.4 ghz lol
Ati radeon 3850 256 mb oc to 750 GPU 1000 MHZ DDR3 WTF
3 gb or ram yea i knw ddr2 800 MHZ
750 gb hdd
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 am

My PSU kicked it in not long ago, nearly caught fire, nearly nuggeted in my pants.

My fault tho as it wasn't meant to handle the load of 5 hdd's and SLI etc.
Back to top Go down

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:00 am

lol shud start a section on worst experience you have had with component's blowing up.
Back to top Go down

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:18 pm

I had my PSU blow up on while i was asleep i left a shitty remoable HDD in my usb slot, and then at like 3:30 in the morning I heard a masive explotion and flashes of light didnt knw what is was until i tried to start my computer the next day, and find my whole inside of my case with burn marks and my Dad waking me up the that moring and saying why dont we have electricity.

Last edited by IllicitFTW on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JasonX

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:48 am

I blew my 1000watter up a month ago. Had it turned off at the back cause i was away and came back that night and switched it on after turning off my air-conditioner. It went FARKIN BOOOOM!!!. I think there was condensation within the unit it-self and caused a short circuit of some kind. Gonna buy a corsair 1000watt next time. And yes I do need 1000 watts so shut-up hahaha jks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.customline-computers.com
Sponsored content

Big Balls of smoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Balls of smoke   Big Balls of smoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Balls of smoke

View previous topic View next topic Back to top