Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Lets get some DX 10 games going

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DatDereCelltech

Lets get some DX 10 games going Empty
PostSubject: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah I know there was a topic about DX 10 awhile back and how awesome it is. But I realised yesterday that gamearena actually has an aussie DX 10 dedicated server and DX 10 is 1000x better then DX 9. We had a game going yesterday with about 5 people and it was pretty awesome, except its TIA not PS. Was wondering who to contact at gamearena to suggest they make it PS. Anyway its pretty sweet now theres a dx 10 server for aussies, where your ping is 50 not like 300, so I was wondering if you guys could maybe organise some dx 10 games. Or maybe even do DX 10 on ausserver, every now and again (like once or twice a week).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:11 am

i don't think its quite that easy...

and that GA server has always been there, but yeah Dx10 is pretty fun. we should find out what % of people can play it and see if its worth doing
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

We had a DX10 server setup for a few months and it never took off. It sounds fun but it just doesn't get off the ground. Same thing happened with NHN who were running a DX10 server for a while but it was eventually converted to DX9 to gain more popularity.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm right for DX10 games. It's always funny when the geometries freeze in mid air.
Back to top Go down
DaPony
DaPony

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:52 am

o yea lets play dx10 killing tree's FTW
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:59 am

don't think it will hit off much.

probably have a decline in numbers.

why?
1. new or non-tech savvy people won't know wtf dx10.
2. most people run xp rather then vista. (unless ur like me/trae/clerk who run cracked win 7) + vista is a shitbox
3. it hasn't had a good history in being that popular

best and safest solution to do is to get a bunch of the guys and jump on gameareanas dx10 servers have fun there. i doubt FTW will become dx10 anytime soon. only if most of the aus community agree. it would be quite hard to get feedback on what the whole aus community would like as its time consuming.

however the ia server could be changed to dx10 if they wanted it to. maybe add ps into it. maybe leave it for a month. advertise it on dx9 server and see what happens.

for now dx9 would be the best way to go atm
Back to top Go down
DatDereCelltech

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:12 am

No I didn't mean change the server to DX 10, I meant run DX 10 on the server once or twice a week (for a couple of hours) and see if people like it.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:46 am

you can try that with the ia server if the admins give ya a go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets get some DX 10 games going   Lets get some DX 10 games going Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets get some DX 10 games going

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: First Person Shooters :: Crysis Wars :: General Discussion-
Jump to: